Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
I wish we'd found a way to put at least one more away last night but overall it was a good showing. The sideline refs were TERRIBLE and Santos represent the worst of Slip-N-Slide soccer but even still we came out with a win and a +1 heading to their place for the second and final game. Hopefully we can pull it out!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Did anybody else read that Emirates article how they wanted to sponsor the Sounders? That's pretty amazing, I mean Sounders would be included with Arsenal, Real Madrid, and AC Milan... Pretty good company.

I believe Microsoft's shirt sponsor is up next year, I bet they'll want to extend... What about centurylink though??? Emirates Stadium West?

·
Registered
339 Posts
^^

2-0 Sounders. Houston has 2 road wins to start the year off against 2 sh*t teams, and their offense is anemic. Their strength is their defense, so if we score we win.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I'm worried about Houston, they are good and we are without Rosales so their potent and aggressive D will be even more apparent.

In other news, the Sounders women team signed yet another national team member, I think they are up to 5 now. Might as well rename them the Seattle USWNT... I don't think it will be possible for them to lose a game.

Not that I'm interested... except for Alex Morgan, such a babe.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
I too am worried about not having Rosales but I also see it as an opportunity to see just how deep our roster runs this year. We were totally crippled without him in the playoffs last year and though he's an incredible onfield presence I think we're stronger as a whole this year. I think we'll still be potent on the attack. Just really means we can't afford Montero having another one of his signature half-ass effort games.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Haha nice prediction tmaxxfreak11. What an awesome game. Although, not into the fact that Montero, Fernandez, and Hurtado seem to have formed the Seattle Sounders dive team. Get up.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Montero is a worthless pile of shit. So great to have Estrada to show what a little effort can do!

Was such a fun game to be at!

·
Resident Meteorologist
1,355 Posts
Sounders will win the MLS Cup this year against RSL in a shootout after the regulation 90 minutes with 4 mins added on.

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know about RSL, they just lost to Chivas USA.
And Portland lost today too, this weekend just keeps getting better!
No team in MLS really has the star power to be able to just walk over everyone. Even LA has already blown a few games this season. May we live in interesting times.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
LA will win the supporters shield again, nobody can sustain like they can, unless Donovan or Keane gets hurt. Games at this early stage of the season really don't mean much. They will get hot midseason and nobody will be able to catch them, it's just the way it is.

But with the way the playoffs are set up, anybody can win the MLS Cup.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts