SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 844 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
is this project still alive? Any news about it?
The latest DPD Information Bulletin has been released today and it appears that the Icon Tower is continuing through the permitting process.

"Land Use Application to allow a 32 story building with 283 residential units above 4,103 sq. ft. of retail on ground floor. Twelve floors of below grade parking (automated parking system) for 314 vehicles will be provided. Supersedes previously approved Project #3003699."

I'd like to see this one get buit. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
FWIW, there is a new Notice of Proposed Land Use sign up on the site.
For months the old sign was laying on the ground, being propped up by a couple of oil barrels and getting warped in the rain.

·
Registered
9,279 Posts
I'm naive. Can someone explain how the automated parking system would work. I almost crapped my pants when I saw 12 levels of parking. Then I saw the automated part.

·
Registered
9,279 Posts
Thanks for the info, but OMG!! This looks so complicated. And what if there is a line up for everyone to get their car? Not to mention if there is equipment malfunction or breakdown.

Appears they can fit many more cars in a much smaller area though. Articles say it takes 2 1/2 minutes to get your car from a garage of 67 vehicles. Icon's lot will be 5 times that size. It just sounds like a nightmare to me.

1 - 20 of 844 Posts