SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1251 Posts

·
Registered
8,032 Posts
This is my favorite project in Seattle right now! I can't wait for this! I hope everything falls in line to allow for the optional office space over the rail lines!

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I'm excited about this development. I just got back from Oregon via Amtrak. I saw many new developments surrounding Portland Union Station which is looking fantastic! That makes me excited about similar development for almost surrounding Seattle King Street station.

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
Looks like there's a large drill rig set-up on-site possibly for shoring work when I walked by today on my way to the Sounders game.

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
Generally it's shoring up the earth - so the temporary below grade walls made of some combination of wood, steel and concrete so earth can be removed and the permanent structure built.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Generally it's shoring up the earth - so the temporary below grade walls made of some combination of wood, steel and concrete so earth can be removed and the permanent structure built.
Translation: digging a big hole in the ground, then putting up concrete walls so it doesn't cave in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There actually are no shoring walls on this project. Piles need to be driven folowed by footings. The first floor slab is only a few feet above the existing asphalt.

·
Registered
8,032 Posts
From the WA State Department of Ecology assessment: "The development will encompass two full city blocks with residential, retail uses and two to five floors of above ground parking."

·
Registered
8,032 Posts
I was just coming to post that.

Seems as though it could all still be worked out before they are scheduled to break ground next month.

1 - 20 of 1251 Posts