Pike at Boren

Downtown Seattle
Freeway Park

2 Union Square

Protesting against all wars

Who are these kids? They always hang out at this
same spot at Westlake Plaza

Kerry Park on Queen Ann Hill

The apartments across from Kerry Park are gone forever.

Off to Alki Beach...

Here we are

That's all for now. Hope you enjoyed.:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is SOOOOOO great! All the posts from seattle are amazing. I seems to be one of the most attractive american cities. I also like the fact that it has at great skyline but with relative few skyscrapers - reminds a bit of Frankfurt am main.

·
EffSizzle
160 Posts
WOW

Another great set of our gorgeous city. It looks amazing in pictures, experienceing it firsthand is something completely different. If you have never been to Seattle, you're truly missing out. Thanks for the perspective.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Wow, what a pretty US city.

I'd been trawling the N.American forums out of curiosity to see how their cities and respective homes look, and I have to say Seattle looks like one of the nicest cities, and one of the most pleasant places to live. Homes and the suburbs look well-kept and some beautiful water views. Shame about all the rain, but hey, ski areas are close-by are they not? That'd more than make up for the wet!

Views from Kerry Park are pretty special (reminds me of Perth's Kings Park), and the skyline impressive.

Have to say from what I've seen of the other US cities, Seattle is right up there. And I can see why Pittsburgh got its name... it really is the pits! Was amazed how run-down it looked, and I've seen many threads of it. I know it's an industrial town, but geez it looks so worn out.

Seattle is an absolute gem. You people have got it good. You obviously take a lot of pride in your city and rightly so.

Always thought the place might be a bit grim but I couldn't have been more wrong.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Excellent photos, in a way I hate looking at pictures of Seattle. Why? Because it makes me want to visit this beautiful city again, but since I'm not rich and with a new job and no longer having 38 days of vacation like before I have to put it off for now, and choose my vacation spots wisely. Anyway this fall I'm off to europe, and that put a dent in the pocket book.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
..and more of the Emerald City

Thanks again everyone. I do have to mention ALL of these pics were taken inside Seattle and none were taken in the suburbs.

·
Neon overdose
3,993 Posts
My favourite US city with SF. It must be a great place to be.. except in winter! Great pics.

·
Formerly InTheLoop
485 Posts
I have many memories sitting on the second floor of Bauhaus smoking my brains out back when they opened in the mid 90s. Good to know they are still around. Of course, I am sure they don't allow smoking inside any longer... And fortunately, I quit a few years ago.

pwright1, I left Seattle in 1999, having lived there 13 years, but I always appreciate your taking me down memory lane. There has been more than one occasion when you have show my last apartment building on Pike near Broadway, as well as my Olive Tower apartment, and even my first one on Belmont and Pine. Thanks again!

·
Proud Torontonian
1,421 Posts
The city really makes me think of Vancouver, which is probably one of the reasons why I like it so damn much. Awesome shots brother.

·
Registered
205 Posts
great photos & amazing skyline! I especially like those houses in suburbs :cheers:
DS8..Like PWright said...all these shots are IN Seattle. NOT the suburbs...
Although the suburbs also have great housing in places.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thanks again people. I'll be out all week taking pics. The weather has been awesome all week. I love spring and summer in Seattle.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts