SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 906 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don’t know much about this project except that it back in the news. Here is an old rendering but I’ve heard it is out of date. Ill update when the rendering comes around.

New rendering thanks to BellevueBoy :cheers1:

Old rendering

the site

·
Journeyman
16,439 Posts
One of the ugliest, most dysfunctional intersections in Seattle, oustanding Crack Terriyaki and Newmark condo notwithstanding.

This tower would turn it from terrible to pretty good all by itself, depite the garages.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Land is so expensive in that area, especially when the three big projects are done, I hope the the garages will be pulled down soon and something beautiful put up.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I believe Greg Smith of Urban Visions, the same people that is developing 5th and Madison, owns 2nd and Pike and will start the construction in 2010. That's what I heard from Olga Dyckman from Williams Marketing a couple of weeks ago during an event at 5th and Madison.

·
Journeyman
16,439 Posts
Why are they in design review then? Are you sure they didn't mean a 2010 completion? Their current status suggests a start in one year, which would jibe with a 2010 completion.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I believe Greg Smith of Urban Visions, the same people that is developing 5th and Madison, owns 2nd and Pike and will start the construction in 2010. That's what I heard from Olga Dyckman from Williams Marketing a couple of weeks ago during an event at 5th and Madison.
They are not the same developer...final design comes out in about 45 days and they are looking for 2010 completion if not sooner.....

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
They're in process to construct that building for sure? I thought that project might not going to happen because we haven't hear any updates about that project lately.

·
Registered
880 Posts
residential agents are the 13th man on the deal...last to know....I asked a williams agent about this project the other day and he didn't what the hell he was talking about although he tried to act like it....

·
Registered
880 Posts
greg is trying to land a 5 star hotel operator right now and then it will be full steam ahead....he might be feeling presure from the threat of Donald to get going now on this project....or he could just partner with Trump and benefit from the name, mitigate the risk, and achieve lifetime bragging rights....

maybe???

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I hope they won't team up for just one project. I would love to see separate projects. Donald Trump already own 5 stars hotels so he can bring his own hotel to Seattle. Greg can finds 5 stars hotel like Ritz or something like that.

·
Journeyman
16,439 Posts
Urban Visions, aka Greg Smith, is development partner with Beacon at Fifth & Madison, and the developer at Second & Pike.

True that residential real estate agents generally don't know much about projects in the planning stage. And some certainly try to give the impression that they do.

·
Black Box
1,745 Posts
I hope they just get it on, it will be a great transformation for that area. I can feel it everytime I'm down there that the surface lots and the garages days are numbered.

·
Registered
894 Posts

they should tear down all the garages downtown and start building some of those 25 floor automated garages like in tokyo, oh and also start taxing cars that come into core neighborhoods based on how efficient there car is, like hummers would have to pay like $1.00 toll every time they come in or out of the city, and people that have smart cars like the one i'm gonna get should pay oh $0.10 everytime they go in or out

·
Registered
93 Posts
they should tear down all the garages downtown and start building some of those 25 floor automated garages like in tokyo, oh and also start taxing cars that come into core neighborhoods based on how efficient there car is, like hummers would have to pay like $1.00 toll every time they come in or out of the city, and people that have smart cars like the one i'm gonna get should pay oh $0.10 everytime they go in or out
Haha, now there's an idea! Instead of taxing the hummers, they should be banned from downtown. (Sorry to all the hummer owners out there) I think they pose danger to peds. I was actually thinking about how a smart car would function in downtown Seattle. And for those living in downtown, they can possibly fit two smart cars in one stall?? Hehe. The steep hills in certain parts of downtown would be a hurdle for me to wanna drive a smartcar.

1 - 20 of 906 Posts