SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 843 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The DJC posted an article earlier this week that Lexas Corp., which is building Escala, is proposing to build two 36 story residential towers for the triangular block at the corner of Denny Way and Stewart. That will really alter the skyline from Capitol Hill!:)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Rendering have not been released yet, But the address is 1200 Stewart Street.
Information from The Seattle Condo Blog. Two 36-story towers with 500 residential units, 55,000 square feet of commercial/retail space and 800 below-grade parking stalls. Thoryk Architecture Who did Escala tower as well, is said to be the Architect.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
LOL!!! That's what I tried to tell you guys when I was at Seattle Condo Expo that I saw the twin buildings at the video of Cityscape 2011 long time ago! Some SSC members said it separate projects... Well told you guys so. Anyway.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Rendering have not been released yet, But the address is 1200 Stewart Street.
Information from The Seattle Condo Blog. Two 36-story towers with 500 residential units, 55,000 square feet of commercial/retail space and 800 below-grade parking stalls. Thoryk Architecture Who did Escala tower as well, is said to be the Architect.

55,000 sq ft sounds like something
a big name retail may lease that space. I wonder what it will be.

·
Black Box
1,745 Posts
I very often contain my excitement in regards to these announcements because I am in awe of how much activity there is and wonder how long this can last. I hope it gets built because I'm also wondering about all that retail space. Thanks for the news.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I have a good feeling that this will continue for a few more years. The dollar is low right now and International investment is high. The europeans are having a great time with their return. This is a good time to purchase American. Price is right!
Also we are in the catch up phase to where we should be. We had the WWII Boom of growth after 1945. Now this is the (Baby) Boomer Boom.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Its a good Idea for anyone interested to keep looking back at http://www.urbancondominiums.com/ to see the CityScape2011. They keep updating it so some of the building renderings have skin on them. Not just Ghost towers! Check out how tall 9 and Pine is across from AVA. There is also a new rendering of Civic complex (Foster Tower) facing the right way.*L* If you keep looking you will find several new updates.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
I really hope that this is going to be some gorgeous architecture. I've always thought that Stewart Street should be a grand Avenue for the entrance to downtown from people from the north.

·
Journeyman
15,932 Posts
I have high hopes for the Lexas project, given that I like Escala. That location cries out for something classy because it'll be the northeast "sentinel" at the edge of the highrise district. Also I'm happy that it would apparently have major retail. Hopefully it's something that would serve as a neighborhood focal point.

I hope the new development makes Stewart more of a neighborhood avenue and less of an off-ramp.

Will the boom sustain itself? That's a question the a/e/c/re industry would kill to know the answer to! The condo market seems to be softening, but not falling flat, and each year will bring some new demand, suggesting that some projects ought to keep going forward. The apartment market is picking up and could approach boom levels at some point (sometimes apartments rise when condos stagnate, which appears to be the case here). Senior housing is a growing market for downtowns. Low-income housing will continue to be built around Downtown Seattle because of our housing levy (fairly unusual apparently) and great non-profits.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Its a good Idea for anyone interested to keep looking back at http://www.urbancondominiums.com/ to see the CityScape2011. They keep updating it so some of the building renderings have skin on them. Not just Ghost towers! Check out how tall 9 and Pine is across from AVA. There is also a new rendering of Civic complex (Foster Tower) facing the right way.*L* If you keep looking you will find several new updates.
WOW! You're right that they updated it! Impressive!:cheers:

·
Registered
121 Posts
The DJC posted an article earlier this week that Lexas Corp., which is building Escala, is proposing to build two 36 story residential towers for the triangular block at the corner of Denny Way and Stewart. That will really alter the skyline from Capitol Hill!:)
I hope the old-money NIMBYs languish in the newly cast shadow.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really like twin and multiple towers. They read better to the eye from an aesthetic sense. I was in some ways disappointed that the Enso project didn't mirror 2200 Westlake so as to create a sort of grand entrance to Westlake from Denny.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
yah i lilke...on the urban cityscape...when you click on a certain district...it doesnt zoom in anymore...its just shows the condos for sale. is that happenin to everyone? if they changed it...thats upsetting :(

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
yah i lilke...on the urban cityscape...when you click on a certain district...it doesnt zoom in anymore...its just shows the condos for sale. is that happenin to everyone? if they changed it...thats upsetting :(
Yeah you have to click on the Seattle Condos logo now and it'll take you to the original flyover where you can zoom like before.

1 - 20 of 843 Posts