SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just sitting around looking at all the photos on my computer of projects in Seattle that are proposed, approved and under construction right now and I was wondering which project in your mind are you most excited about having a dramatic impact on the city.
For me I think its [email protected] I’m really excited to see the Denny Triangle get developed and as far as I know at 426ft it is the second largest building within the three categories in the city right now. That means it will have a great affect on the skyline and having the top half of it residential will add to the cities urban life style.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Olive 8, 1521, west 8th, 7th westlake.....basically everything in Bellevue, SLU, and the Denny Triangle.....how far away is 7th and westlake.....I know Clise was waiting to sign additional commercial leases before breaking ground but that was months ago when I first read that...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Olive8, but maybe that's because I've bought there. :)

I'm excited about 1521 and second and pine as for what it will do with those lots downtown. The market and downtown seem too disconnected and these two projects should hopefully fill the gap.

·
Premium Member
38,003 Posts
For me is the one thats blue with some holes on the base-facade.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'll have to agree with 1521 2nd and I will add 2nd and Pine and hopefully 2nd and Pike. The area just east of the Pike Place Market is in need of a major makeover and these projects should do wonders for that area. It's hard to pick just one project or just one area for that matter, especially since more than one is needed to create a fully changed feel to any given section of town.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
1521. I'm most excited to see the Denny Triangle develop but as far as individual towers go, it'll have to be 1521 with Olive 8 a close second.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Definately 2nd & Pine. It will have imo the biggest impact on the gritty Pike & Pine corridor. And the Macy's parking garage is one of the most unattractive sites in dt Seattle. Plus more retail. Can't wait.

·
Registered
193 Posts
^very true, I had forgotten about 2nd and Pine.

·
Neanderthal
956 Posts
2nd and Pine is getting me excited, but everything is just fantastic. Downtown development is key, and I think just about every project is getting me going.

I'm also getting excited about major transportation projects in the region, especially Tacoma Narrows and the new Central Light rail line.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^^Oh that’s cool. I read an article about 1521 just after it was announced, a long time ago, that it would only be a couple feet taller then the current tallest. I think it said it was going to be about 410ft. So I guess I was wrong about [email protected] being second tallest current project at 426ft.

seajer
How long do we have to wait for any activity at 2nd and Pine? Anyone know?
I think I heard something about some time in June. I need to start saving articles to keep this crap strait.

·
Twinkie
733 Posts
is 1521 2nd and 2nd + pike the same project??? When are all of these projects supposed to be completed? Does anybody have a time frame for all of them? That'd be nice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts