SkyscraperCity banner

81 - 100 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I can never remember where I get these photos. Most of them I've downloaded off of SSC & SSP but a few I found floating around on the internet.

P.S. if I use anybody’s photo for something let me know and Ill give credit. I've got a shot of the Bellevue skyline in the Seattle/Bellevue compilation and I don’t know who took it.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Old photo of downtown

That is a great shot. Does someone know the date? It would have to be sometime after 1928 because the 2nd tallest building at the time, The Northern Life Tower, was completed in '28, and is right in the middle of this photo.

BTW, this photo shows the most permanent part of the Seattle skyline...Rainier!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I agree, Kerry Park. There was nothing elevated in front of Queen Anne hill at this time. Funny thing is now most views from this spot hide Mt. Rainier.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I'm not so sure that was taken from Kerry Park. It looks like the camera was just a little to the east. Look at a few pictures from Kerry Park and look where the Smith Tower lines up on Mt Rainier.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Yes, looking back at pictures in this thread (Crazyaboutcities 1974 from Kerry Park earlier in this thread), this is definitely east of the famous Kerry. Would be interesting to do a "today" shot from approximately the same location. That would be a project alone in trying to find it!

·
Northwest Photo King
2,212 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has old Spokane or Tacoma pictures? We might find ome hidden jewels like we have Seattle. Especially old skyline shots.

I got some, but not of the skyline. :-/ Their in a book.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Spokane, Tacoma

If you want to know what Spokane looked like 30 years ago, just visit today!

Tacoma, to a lesser extent.

Sorry, sometimes my sarcasm can't be controlled!

Seriously, though, I've heard rumors of new high-rise projects in both cities. Badly needed.

·
Northwest Photo King
2,212 Posts
I've got facts of new tallest towers being built in Spokane. new tall 26 story tower in Tacoma.

I posted the links around here somehwere. I think in "bellevue example for Lynnwood" thread. :)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Shot at the end of the 80's boom...most of these newer buildings were less than a year old
(notice the still standing Kingdome to the upper right!)

81 - 100 of 174 Posts