SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like a good move.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,18868469%5E1702,00.html

NSW, Victoria in overseas jobs bid20apr06

NSW and Victoria will join forces in a bid to win international business ventures associated with major sporting events.

The new partnership, known as the Australian International Sporting Events Secretariat, will combine the two states' Olympic and Commonwealth Games expertise to be promoted overseas, NSW Premier Morris Iemma announced today.
The Secretariat, which starts operating from June 1, will target the 2008 Beijing Olympics and the 2010 Delhi Commonwealth Games among other upcoming sporting events.

"By working together, NSW and Victoria can jointly offer a world-beating collection of Australian talent that can ensure the success of major international sporting events while creating valuable export dollars and jobs," Mr Iemma said in a statement.

·
Banned
Tremendous
8,579 Posts
Great idea to win bids BUT the shit fight will begin as to exactly where these events will take place

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
They need combine forces to compete with the might of QUEENSLAND:D
:jk:

·
Banned
21 Posts
NSW and QLD are already bum buddies.

Judging by the behavoiur and signitures of some forumers here, Queensland and NSW dislike Victoria and vice versa.

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
I dont know how you can dislike another state or its people.
Sporting rivalries, sure thats understandable.

·
Banned
481 Posts
Judging by that article, I don't think it is about winning the right to host sporting events. It looks like its about saying 'hey, we are good at putting on a good show, use our personnel to help you plan your own show', or something to that effect.

·
Watch my Chops
6,033 Posts
Dont kid yourself you hate each other with almighty passion.

·
Banned
21 Posts
Thunderhead is my BROTHER!!. IP adress is the same becasue we use the same computer, but have seperate accounts for SSC. He cant access mine because I log off automatically everytime I finish.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Oh please, your not thunderheads brother. You are the man himself. Unfortunatly.

Anyway, Im glad you guys realised you dont hate each other at all! Now you two can prosper together and conspire against Evil SEQ :lol:

·
Banned
21 Posts
Mr Centrepoint said:
Sweet thunderheads brother! So are you younger or older than him? And do you hate greenie fucklettes as strongly as strong as your brother?
LOL RFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My bro absolutely idolises you!!!! I see why :D

I am older than him, I'm 18 and he is about to turn 17. I am not as extreme as him but I do have my moments! I hate greenies and NIMBYs aswell, infact my whole family dispises them!

·
Banned
21 Posts
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL damn right!!!

Giorgos, Oh please yourself with a skinny dip with a greenie in speedos. I am thunderhead's bro. If you believe otherwise, please prove it.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
lol - what a profound thread. DId thunderhead get banned? What was the trigger? I can imagine though. lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts