Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Oh! There he is!!
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my mate have just got tickets for the Dolphins/Giants game at the new Wembley stadium in London.

We now have to decide whom to bellow our lungs out for on the day.

sell your team to us, the most intuative and fantastic thread will win.

i cant wait for this game, at last some NFL in a stonkingly fabulous venue

·
Registered
96 Posts
Root for the Fins, mate!

Root for the team that was destined for greatness, the Miami Dolphins. The team's first offensive drive began from its first kick-off return when Joe Auer ran the football back for a touchdown. That was way back in 1966. This only happens in the movies and, of course, on Sundays when the Fins play.

·
Banned
655 Posts
The Dolphins are the only team in any professional sport to ever have a perfect season. They also have a better history overall than the Giants.

·
Banned
655 Posts
Who are the Quad City Steamwheelers and what sport do they play?

That's possible but they are not from a major athletic league. I'm talking about the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, or MLS. Of those five, they are the only team to ever have a perfect season.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
We had a saying back in the 90's, "Shula's Fish Can't Be Squished", (even though a dolphin is not really a fish).

Let us not forget the best quarterback in league history:

Couldn’t agree more, Marino is the best QB to play the sport, even if he doesn’t have a SB ring.

I cant give you any reason to root for the Dolphins other than the fact that I love them, being a Dolphins fan is like driving through the hills, you can go up, you can go down, but you can NEVER predict which one you are gonna go, just gotta hang on for the ride. They aren’t constant, they never are. But we are proud of our Dolphins and I know I will root for them as long as I live, and as long as they live they will be rooted for, its not only the history of the Dolphins that makes us fans, its the history they make every Sunday, even when they loose they make a drama of it, so on any given Sunday the drama of Miami comes to play, no matter what city they are in, no matter what country they are in, no matter when they play, no matter how they play, I root for the Dolphins cause I’m a Dolphins fan, the only thing I have to question is whether I’m going up or down this season.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
The Miami Dolphins also have one of the biggest fan base in the country!
Great team History.
Only team to have a perfect season in the History of the NFL.
And Miami is better than New York(new jersey). hehe

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
The franchise may be in somewhat of a lull in recent years but you'd be hard-pressed to think of a South Florida institution that brought more sustained excellence and pride to the region for decades.

Winningest coach ever...a quarterback who smashed every meaningful record...one of the best W/L records in all of professional sports...and, of course, a singular season that has never been duplicated and perhaps never will.

Those who are younger may not realize what the Dolphins meant to Miami but long before there was the Heat or the Marlins---back when the Hurricanes were so abysmal that the university seriously considered dropping football---the Dolphins stormed from expansion team to world champions in a few short years, captivated an entire region, and put Miami squarely in the sports limelight for the first time.

The Dolphins will always be the crown jewel of Miami sports. When they win it all again---no matter how long it takes---you'll see a championship celebration that will dwarf anything else.

So why should you root for Miami instead of the Giants in that London game? BECAUSE YOU DAMN WELL BETTER! :lol:

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I think soccer would appeal more to Americans if there was more scoring involved. Most of us impatient Americans aren't use to watching many games where the score is 1 - 0 or 3 - 2. Heck what would YOU rather watch... a Manning Brady shootout or a defensive Cardinals 49'ers game (and it doesn't count if your already a Cardinals or Niners fan). We Americans crave ACTION!!! I think taking out the goalkeepers would defineitly make soccer more interesting. :)

·
Banned
1,737 Posts
I think just watching soccer is entertaining as it is even if the score is 1-0. In soccer they are constantly moving and i love to see the guys 'fake' getting hurt like they barely get touched in the foot and they fall down and cry then the ref doesnt call it or says it was nothing then the guy just stands up like nothing :lol:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Ahh too bad it was a low score, the british fans were really good that thing was packed! I wonder if our friend brummad had fun. Alot of people had the dolphins jersey on, its amazing to see how well known the team is - hopefully one day it will be glorious again. 0-8 lol...

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
Ahh too bad it was a low score, the british fans were really good that thing was packed! I wonder if our friend brummad had fun. Alot of people had the dolphins jersey on, its amazing to see how well known the team is - hopefully one day it will be glorious again. 0-8 lol...
The fans in Wembley seemed to be a mix of those that understood the rules and those out for an unusual spectacle and a good time. Regardless, they were enthusiastic even if the field itself was atrocious for the players. Any NFL fan would have instantly noticed how much slower and sloppier the game was as a result.

The league plans on making excursions such as this a regular occurence. Still have mixed feelings about it, frankly, but that's not taking anything away from what a fine job London did (despite a field perfectly suitable for soccer, not necessarily American football)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm not that much into sports but I do enjoy watching the Heat play as well as the Dolphins. A few years ago I went to a soccer match and saw Brazil play against Mexico at the O.B. it was actually a lot of fun.

But for the life of me I can not get into baseball. It was many years back but I saw the Marlins play and I swear it was the 11th inning and it was tied 0-0. I respect people who like baseball but I don't understand it when they say baseball is not boring and soccer is. Soccer is 90 minutes of non stop movement. Baseball can go for 4 hours with commentators going ... "it's a swing and a miss" lol :nuts:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts