Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
I love my Country
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watch video , please! >> http://www.xamle.net/monument.html:cheers:
The nearly finished monument to the African Renaissance rises above the Dakar skyline in Senegal's capital
Senegal's President Abdoulaye Wade launched construction of an "African Renaissance" monument on the continent's westernmost tip late on Thursday, which he said would stand taller than the Statue of Liberty in the United States.
sThe 50-metre (164 ft) bronze statue which will stand atop a 100-metre hill looking out over the Atlantic Ocean on the edge of the capital Dakar, is meant to symbolise Africa's liberation from "centuries of ignorance, intolerance and racism".
The Monument of the African Renaissance shows a muscular man with a cloth wrapped around his waist rising from a volcano, a baby in his left hand and a woman in his right.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yes it will be taller than the statue of liberty, that is 151 ft (46 m) tall, and 305 ft (93 m) tall with the pedestal and foundation.
I'm sorry but looking at the construction pictures even though net yet finish it doesn't look taller than the statue of liberty; The statue of Liberty is really huge and tall, you need to go and see it to even know what I mean; that article must have exaggerated; the statue of liberty is no small cup cake
Excellent project though

·
Registered
30 Posts
Why is it that all statues or monuments portraying a women show at least one bare breast, i see it a lot. I am not up to date with my statue trends, but is it fashionable/ artistic or something to show bare breasts nowadays? i mean the robe would have easily covered it and it may seem a little obscene for children, young adults.

But nonetheless i think it is a great statue and i certainly support it.

and for the record i am male.

·
Expert
21,676 Posts
I'm sorry but looking at the construction pictures even though net yet finish it doesn't look taller than the statue of liberty; The statue of Liberty is really huge and tall, you need to go and see it to even know what I mean; that article must have exaggerated; the statue of liberty is no small cup cake
Excellent project though
It doesn't matter if it was made by gods and looks like the greatest thing in the universe. If this monument is built according to the current specifications it will dwarf the statue of liberty.

In the planet earth 1 metre in Africa is equal to 1 metre in Europe.

1 metre is 100 cm no more no less there is no other meaning for it.

This monument will be 100 metres making it taller than every single thing on earth less than 100 metres.

Do you understand that?

·
Expert
21,676 Posts
Many Africans suffer from Inferiority Complex

305 Feet and 6 inches = 92.965 + 0.1524 Metres = 93 Metres Approx

Statue of Liberty is only taller if you discount the Ground Level of the Monument but include the Pedestal of the Statue if Liberty

·
Registered
402 Posts
It doesn't matter if it was made by gods and looks like the greatest thing in the universe. If this monument is built according to the current specifications it will dwarf the statue of liberty.

In the planet earth 1 metre in Africa is equal to 1 metre in Europe.

1 metre is 100 cm no more no less there is no other meaning for it.

This monument will be 100 metres making it taller than every single thing on earth less than 100 metres.

Do you understand that?
Have you finished ?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.