SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went down to glenelg and the city last wednesday (what was bloody cold) too take a few photos - here are some of them

GLENELG

Stamford Grand

Holdfast Promanade (looking towards Stamford Grand)

Holdfast Marina Complex

U/C Beachhouse Amusement Centre and Glenelg SLSC

ADELAIDE CBD

Victoria Square - looking towards U/C City Central Tower 1 (Australia's Largest/Tallest 5 star energy Rated Building)

Torrens River - looking towards the Hyatt Regency and Adelaide Festival Centre

Pinky Flat - looking towards the CBD (this shot would been brilliant if the camera I was using had a better flash)

more photos to come.......

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Actually, Its probarbly because of the flash that the last images is poor quality.

...is this a ghost town?

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...is this a ghost town?
George it was pretty much dead in Glenelg last wednesday, especially around the Holdfast Marina, tho Jetty Road was a bit busy

but you gotta remember those photos were taken on a working and school day plus it was bloooody cold

·
Premium Member
9,520 Posts
Can see them now, cool. You don't see many water slides outside of big theme parks anymore, they used to be everywhere. That looks like a good one. Best ever was at Grundys on the Gold Coast.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Those are really bad photos of a beautiful city, forrestcat... They look like they have been taken with some camera from 70's.
And your timing is pretty bad too- city indeed looks like ghost town.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those are really bad photos of a beautiful city, forrestcat... They look like they have been taken with some camera from 70's.
Keep your opinions to yourself, think about other peoples feelings. A few of those photos are very old.

Get a life dick head. I bet his parents love him.

Good shots. Adelaide looks nice and green.

Crawf's photos don't come out.
The images are broken lol, except for the above post.
Yeah sorry guys i thought this thread died ages ago, ill try and reload them again later (though there nothing special)

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
At least someone got off their big fat arse and took pics and posted them to share with us, instead of just sitting there with their loudmouth opinions.

I like em forrestcat. Thanks mate. :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'll take photos of Adelaide in autumn... I'm waiting for a nice partly cloudy day and I want grass to look very green. Like last autumn. Should look pretty good at that time. And I also like how Adelaide looks on cloudy and rainy days. Sunsets are also pretty good time to take photos.

I'll upload few photos I already have when I get my internet working again... It's pretty shit right now.

BTW,

That (nobody can deny that) looks like a bad scan from a newspaper from 1980's.

He also chose the worst part of the day to take photos. Sun is shining too damn much...

Choosing a time of the day is important when taking photos. Those photos deserve some criticism.

Also I'm not sure about the quality of the camera:

Orientation of image: 1
File change date and time: 2004:01:01 21:58:36
Image input equipment manufacturer: CAMERA
Image input equipment model: CAMERA
Software used: 898CVer1.08K
Copyright holder: Copyright
Exposure time: 0.00201613
F number: 3
Exposure program: 2
ISO speed rating: 100
Shutter speed: 8.954
Aperture: 3
Brightness: 9.7
Exposure bias: 0
Maximum lens aperture: 3
Metering mode: 2
Lightsource: 0
Flash: 24
Lens focal length: 8.65
Sensing method: 2
White balance: 0
Saturation: 0
Sharpness: 0
Subject distance range: 0
Manufacturer: CAMERA?

Keep your opinions to yourself, think about other peoples feelings. A few of those photos are very old.
Sorry to hurt his feelings but this isn't kindergarten and I'm sure he can take that much constructive criticism.

·
©
9,470 Posts
^^
Dude, give him a break. Just appreciate the fact that he took the time to take those photos & post them on here.

Thanks for the pics forrestcat.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shuzstar said:
I'll take photos of Adelaide in autumn... I'm waiting for a nice partly cloudy day and I want grass to look very green. Like last autumn. Should look pretty good at that time. And I also like how Adelaide looks on cloudy and rainy days. Sunsets are also pretty good time to take photos.

I'll upload few photos I already have when I get my internet working again... It's pretty shit right now.

BTW,
Hang on, i thought you said you moved to Brisbane?

Sorry to hurt his feelings but this isn't kindergarten and I'm sure he can take that much constructive criticism.
And this isnt University, its a internet forum. anyway you have no right to criticise forrestcat, when you havent posted any of YOUR pictures.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts