SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
some pics of the site, which is still under development

The road to Sentosa Cove is lined with such nice greenery...

The Entrance to Sentosa Cove

After the Entrance, you are greeted by the Dolphins' fountain amid the lush greenery and flowers...

Sentosa Cove Banner

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To the Marina

Leisure time on the yacht against city skyline

btw, if you sign up as a new member... you could qualify for this...
2004 Model year Grady White 225 Dual Console Tournament Fishing Boat worth $128,000!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Great

Sweet looking development! I am interested to know - is the project fully completed? How long did it take? Any aerial photos of it now that it's finished? I am a developer here in Florida and was interested in comparing to some recent projects I am working on. Thanks!

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
IDigFla85 said:
Sweet looking development! I am interested to know - is the project fully completed? How long did it take? Any aerial photos of it now that it's finished? I am a developer here in Florida and was interested in comparing to some recent projects I am working on. Thanks!
Nope...its very much in its infancy, and held its first public sale of several bungalow plots and terraced housing last year. So far two sales has been conducted for these plots, and the other facilities are also being launched, such as that Marina thingy. Therefore, it is basically empty land now with the infrastructure more or less built so that plot owners could move in to develop their homes anytime now. :D

As for the time frame of development, I am not too sure of that...

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Jai

yup..the trees here should be evergreen.

IDigFla85 said:
Any aerial photos of it
as huaiwei says, the land is already ready and the building is imminent.

Here are some views

It looks a little near the port though, but the views from the other directions are beautiful and face the sea and southern isles.

·
Premium Member
38,003 Posts
wow...those Villas must be amazing!!!!, I should buy one...lol..:D

·
It's Asian-American, dude
234 Posts
Wow, great project. When I went to Singapore last summer, I thought the Sentosa Cove was going to be a beach or something. I guess I was wrong. :doh:

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
RafflesCity said:
^

ok :yes:
City Talk and Urban issues? Dosent seem like a proper forum for it!

There are actually two highrise projects in this development, on either side of the cove's marine entrance. If huge projects with just one scraper could be in section, I dont see why this one fails to qualify. Take http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=148645 for example.

Btw, is the Construction Updates section meant only for highrises, or anything goes?

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CityDev bags plum Sentosa site for $239m

14 May 05

Joint bid works out to $485 psf ppr; breakeven pegged at $770-$850 psf

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

(SINGAPORE) City Developments, which made waves last year with its top-selling The Sail @ Marina Bay condo, looks set to make another splash now that it has been awarded a plum condo site at Sentosa Cove.

View from the top: Artist's impression of CityDev's winning design features unobstructed panoramic views of the sea, the Southern Islands and beyond

CityDev teamed up with long-time partner TID to cast its winning bid of about $239 million, or $485 per square foot (psf) of potential gross floor area.

Analysts estimate that a new luxury condo on the 99-year leasehold site could break even at about $770 to $850 psf, depending on how posh it is.

'They should have no difficulty selling an iconic project like that at an average price of around $1,000 psf or even more,' said a property consultant.

'In that segment of the market, pricing is no longer a science. It's more of an art how you market the project, and this sort of property isn't easily replaceable. People aren't just buying homes. They are buying a lifestyle, the bragging rights if you like, the snob appeal,' the consultant added.

In fact, the site that CityDev and TID have bagged is only one of two condo parcels at Sentosa Cove that can be built up to 15 storeys - the highest allowed in the upmarket residential enclave. The two sites grace either side of the entrance to the Cove's marina basin.

Condo plots sold in 2003 to Ho Bee for $351 psf per plot ratio (ppr) and to Centrepoint last year for $411 psf ppr have a designated maximum height of six storeys.

CityDev and TID can build about 270 units for their condo project. They had engaged Wimberly Allison Tong & Goo for the design concept of their tender submission.

CityDev group general manager Chia Ngiang Hong, who was elated by the news of yesterday's award, said: 'With our experience in developing landmark waterfront projects like The Sail @ Marina Bay, the architectural design proposed for our site at Sentosa Cove will certainly be eye-catching.'

CityDev is the listed property arm of Kwek Leng Beng's Hong Leong Group. TID is a partnership between privately held Hong Leong Holdings and Japanese real estate group Mitsui Fudosan.

Sentosa Cove Pte Ltd (SCPL) said that the project on the latest condo site, dubbed C-9, will have 'unobstructed panoramic views of the sea, Southern Islands and beyond'.

'Currently, no other private or public housing in Singapore commands such spectacular views in close proximity to the sea.'

SCPL said that the tender, which closed on April 26, drew 15 design proposals from 10 bids. It did not name the bidders.

BT earlier reported that besides CityDev/TID, bidders included Ho Bee, Centrepoint, GuocoLand, Wing Tai Holdings, Far East Organisation, Indonesia's Lippo Group, and an entity controlled by members of the Kwee family that runs Pontiac Land Group. Some of these parties are said to have placed more than one bid.

An independent external panel of three architects selected the three best submissions based purely on design. And having made the cut in this round, CityDev/TID was chosen as the winning design proposal. Looking at price alone, the CityDev/TID bid was among the top three of the 10 tender bids.

SCPL chairman Jennie Chua declined to reveal the highest bid but said the highest three of the 10 tender bids were 'competitive'. She described the $485 psf ppr as 'comfortable' for SCPL and CityDev/TID. 'We can both smile about it,' she added.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts