Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
132,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While Seoul is a huge city, it still has a lot of intimate, small streets with lots of signs to explore. Here's my compilation of the Small Alleys of Seoul :

1. Here is a shot of a residential area of Seoul, where I lived during my 4 day stay. There is a lot of retail along the streets, while residentials lie in the inner streets. Power lines were everywhere.

2. Even within the city centre Jongno-Gu area, there are quite a number of small streets and side alleys such as this one.

3. While a few blocks away lie the monster Jongro Tower.

4. However, behind that tower the intimate lower density alleys return right away.

8. I walked around this area heading east towards Dongdaemun, and I a few more alleys as well. I also bumped into some Japanese tourists on the deserted street who were a bit lost. Luckily we could comprehend each other's English.

13. The ultimate district of alleys is perhaps Insadong. I have a thread about this area in an earlier part.

14. I'll show a few Insadong photos in here.

19. These types of alleys are everywhere! Here's one I saw as I walked towards Jongno Gu from Dongdaemun.

Other Seoul Threads

1 Seoul Station
2 Insadong
3 Cheonggyecheon Stream Restoration
4 Changing of the Guard
5 Noryangjin Fisheries Market
6 A Random Walk
7 Jongro Tower Lunch & View
8 Unhyeonggung & Street Scenes
9 Vibrant Street Life

1 - 1 of 1 Posts