Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
132,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seoul has a nice mix of narrow alleys and modern skyscrapers. Here's a mix of both for your viewing pleasure. In some ways Seoul doesn't seem like a big city. It doesn't have the skyscraper canyons and there are lot of shorter buildings with intimate streetscapes than say, New York or Hong Kong. However, don't be mistaken. Seoul is a huge metropolis!

Jongro Tower is my favourite in Jongno-Gu.

I tried to capture a few interesting streetscapes in Insadong with the building in the background.

The next stop on my skyscraper viewing tour is Tower SK. It's next to Myeong-dong and should be a new building as well. I went inside to inquire about an observation deck or restaurant but I don't think they had any. The security guard could barely speak English and I didn't know enough Korean phrases to make much sense of my request.

I really like the messy facade. Unfortunately the pictures didn't turn out too well, which was strange because the other photos from the day seemed OK except this bunch.

Now the other skyscrapers in the area :

There are some really dilapidated buildings right next to Tower SK. Perhaps in time these will be redeveloped?

Other Seoul Threads

1 Seoul Station
2 Insadong
3 Cheonggyecheon Stream Restoration
4 Changing of the Guard
5 Noryangjin Fisheries Market
6 A Random Walk
7 Jongro Tower Lunch & View
8 Unhyeonggung & Street Scenes
9 Vibrant Street Life
10 Small Alleys & Side Streets

·
...::HK.:.:.:.LA::...
1,529 Posts
hmm seems like Seoul needs a lotta work... maybe coz the focus is @ Busan???

·
132,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SK Tower and Jongro Tower are my favourite in Jong-Gu, but there is another interesting building in Gang-nam that I will show a bit later. There's a lot of modernist architecture in Seoul.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts