Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
124,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to begin my Seoul 2007 photo series with some beautiful views of the city. N Seoul Tower has been on my list of must-see places for a while. Finally, I got a chance to go and see the city from atop Nam Shan. I got up especially early that morning to climb the long staircase from Myeongdong to the cable car terminal, only to find it opens at 10am and I had almost half an hour to kill.

3. Nevertheless, the trip was well worth it since it was very sunny with no smog.

8. Seoul is also surrounded by a lot of hills, and the city wraps around so many of them.

15. Starting to turn east :

17. Seoul has a very big skyline, and this is only the north side of the Han River.

In the next part, the focus will be south of the Han River.

·
Faith of the Heart
2,356 Posts
Great pictures hkskyline! Some of those scenes look very familiar to me and really brings me back fond memories. I've lived on the hillsides of Namsan for about 3 years during my college years.

·
Seeking Affiliation
1,217 Posts
@ hkskyline

Man...those pictures brings back memories of Seoul. I visited the metropolis April last year with my family. It was, by far, the densest metropolis I've ever been, Greater Tokyo notwithstanding. :yes:

I got up especially early that morning to climb the long staircase from Myeongdong to the cable car terminal, only to find it opens at 10am and I had almost half an hour to kill.
OMG! You actually started climbing from Myeongdong?! What were you thinking! That's a long, long way up! We went up the Seoul Tower via our Tour Bus but we still have to climb a bit before we reached the tower.

climb the long staircase from Myeongdong to the cable car terminal,
I didn't know there's a cable-car system servicing the climb...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts