Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://blog.naver.com/pop9898/220047483525
사진을 퍼와서 죄송합니다. 혹시 사진의 주인분께서 삭제를 원하실경우 주져하지 마시고 제게 댓글이나 쪽지를 요청하시면
즉각 바로 삭제하겠습니다. 좋은 사진 찍어주셔서 감사합니다.

1,730 rooms 4 different hotel

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://pdfman.tistory.com/407
^^
6 agust

This is not proposed but already approved project

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://cafe.naver.com/sonbobu0023/634

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I wish they put an outdoor rooftop swimming pool on that hotel or something. Gosh Seoul has enough of boring BOXY hotels. Put a rooftop lounge or outdoor lounge on the roof so that people can enjoy a drink outdoors when the weather is nice and gaze out at the Han River and the surrounding cityscape! I swear Seoul's Tourism Organization staff are just so UNCREATIVE or boring:eek:hno:

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
http://www.ilovepc.co.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=hardware&wr_id=3164
^^
Recent construction photos

I wish they put an outdoor rooftop swimming pool on that hotel or something. Gosh Seoul has enough of boring BOXY hotels. Put a rooftop lounge or outdoor lounge on the roof so that people can enjoy a drink outdoors when the weather is nice and gaze out at the Han River and the surrounding cityscape! I swear Seoul's Tourism Organization staff are just so UNCREATIVE or boring:eek:hno:
^^
so do i
seoul is hard to built some creative design building.
also like a hamilton hotel's roof this hotel must make a roof party rounge in the top.
and EDM party in there seoul can upgrade and use han riverside land scape and atmosphere.

in comparison with tames and seine river, han river much more huge and amazing. why they didn;t develop around han river xxx

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Frankly, it's probably because the Han is too big. Instead of acting as a gathering point, it just divides the city in two. It's a geographical feature, not a metropolitan one, if that makes sense. Wasn't Seoul historically only the areas of the city north of the river?

I don't consider all that a bad thing. Frankly, I find Seoul's natural surroundings to be among the most beautiful of any large city.

·
9,869 Posts
Frankly, it's probably because the Han is too big. Instead of acting as a gathering point, it just divides the city in two. It's a geographical feature, not a metropolitan one, if that makes sense. Wasn't Seoul historically only the areas of the city north of the river?

I don't consider all that a bad thing. Frankly, I find Seoul's natural surroundings to be among the most beautiful of any large city.
Exactly. Walking across the Thames or Seine takes 3 minutes, across the Han probably takes 15 minutes.

Another reason that has probably explained the development AWAY from the river is the fact that due to the Korean War, the Ceasefire line lies in the middle of the river, preventing ships from going back from the ocean all the way to Seoul. Especially in the 60s and 70s, the lack of commercial shipping activities on the Hangang in Seoul has led the river to be "abandoned".

It's pretty much only since the 21st century than redevelopments have started to occur on or near the river shores: Hangang Park, Yeuido Marina, Some Sevit, Seoul Forest...

But still, it will be a long time before the Han becomes as developed and lively as some other cities which have rivers (Chicago, Paris, London...). As of now, most of the shores are commie blocks separated from the river by the expressway.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Exactly. Walking across the Thames or Seine takes 3 minutes, across the Han probably takes 15 minutes.

Another reason that has probably explained the development AWAY from the river is the fact that due to the Korean War, the Ceasefire line lies in the middle of the river, preventing ships from going back from the ocean all the way to Seoul. Especially in the 60s and 70s, the lack of commercial shipping activities on the Hangang in Seoul has led the river to be "abandoned".

It's pretty much only since the 21st century than redevelopments have started to occur on or near the river shores: Hangang Park, Yeuido Marina, Some Sevit, Seoul Forest...

But still, it will be a long time before the Han becomes as developed and lively as some other cities which have rivers (Chicago, Paris, London...). As of now, most of the shores are commie blocks separated from the river by the expressway.
THEY SHOULD build piers like NYC's Hudson River

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Well, as kimahrikku said, the river's outlet is divided by North/South Korean border, and there's not very much upstream of Seoul on the Han, so piers wouldn't make sense. Maybe someday, but then, Incheon will end up a much less important city, although that's probably good for the massive wetlands that surrounds it. (I really wish South Korea would sign the Ramsar convention!)

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

^^
I believe that backnamjun bridge should be built in han river.
this kind of stunning architecture make more creative atmosphere in seoul.

^^
hangang Park, Yeuido Marina, Some Sevit, Seoul Forest all of them make by Great oh sae hun seoul mayor.
he announced HAN RIVER Renaissance PROJECT.
especially he have a plan to make a ships moveing in han river and cruiseship bring into han river. but wong sung mayor dismiss these all plan.
that is the reason why I fierce hate won sung mayor
THEY SHOULD build piers like NYC's Hudson River
^^
I absolutely AGREE with USA army

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·