Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Europa
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Construction of six towers on the south bank of Han River, in Seocho-gu. It is composed by six all-residential towers.

HEIGHT: Tower 1 > 115.00m | Tower 2 > 115.00m | Tower 3 > 115.00m | Tower 4 > 110.00m | Tower 5 > 110.00m | Tower 6 > 115.00m
FLOORS: Tower 1 > 31 | Tower 2 > 31 | Tower 3 > 31 | Tower 4 > 30 | Tower 5 > 30 | Tower 6 > 31
USE: Residential
CONSTRUCTION START: Jan 2014
CONSTRUCTION END: 2016
SOURCE: daum.kr

SITE

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
oh my goodness So fast!!!
bytheway it would better taller than now like ichon rex.

it located infront of han river. built taller and slime. then it can make wind flow tunnel and Open sight seeing than now closed design though.
but what can i do. it already finished and u/c . I can't reverse time

·
10,106 Posts
No updates from the developer in 2 months. They might have just forgot, but I know there was a fire in one of the towers in early February, so they might have wanted to keep a low profile since. Anyway, construction has resumed and the fire didn't do much (if any) structural damage, with no casualties as well.

Recent pictures I've found :

http://blog.naver.com/shinja1014/220651831827

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Well, I guess I'm the easily fooled king of guy then^^
I meant more that it's actually quite reasonable to expect the towers to look like they do in the render, and not as the flat concrete blocks like they do. Alas, Korean residential architecture never fails to be surprisingly disappointing. I suppose all of us are fools for ever even hoping otherwise.

·
Registered Abuser
22,846 Posts
I wouldn't have expected them to look like that, anyway. Adding some shine to renders seems like an easy way to fool people into thinking that they're buying something that looks nicer than it is in reality.

To me, it looks just like the render. I don't know what some were expecting. It's very rare that the actual product exceeds the render, but that glass looks like it will "shine" on those huge windows when the sunlight hits them like in this pic. :D

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
To me, it looks just like the render. I don't know what some were expecting. It's very rare that the actual product exceeds the render, but that glass looks like it will "shine" on those huge windows when the sunlight hits them like in this pic. :D
Idk.. to me, the actual produce is a soul-sucking concrete box whereas the ones depicted in the renderings are actually pretty decent.

IMO, the glazing itself is no problem. It's the concrete...

If Korean apartments should have spandrel panel curtain walls instead of concrete, cities would look MUCH better than they are now.
Below is an example of a building in Toronto dressed in a grey spandrel curtain wall.
It's funny cause when I'm on North American forums I criticize the spandrels for being too bland and unimaginative.
But when we're talking about Korean buildings... I would take anything to replace concrete and increase the proportion of glass lol

·
Registered Abuser
22,846 Posts
^^ I don't think the render looked glassy at all to begin with. I wasn't conned into thinking the cladding would end up with a higher glass ratio when it reached the stage in the construction where the final look became obvious, so no surprises for me.

I agree with your cladding suggestions though. It will definitely help add some polish to the exterior finish, relatively speaking of course.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts