Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No guess the gu this time around - it would be too easily recognizable :D

As you may have guessed I came back to Seoul for another weekend during the spring. I wanted to settle once and for all an "argument" I had with my japanese friend. She kept rumbling about korea being less developped than china! Ludicrous. Had enough - so I brought her along to show her the wonders of Seoul!

Did it work?

Not sure if it was such a good idea.... After seeing hongdae, samseongdong, myeongdong, jongno, yeoido, gangnam she refused to come out for more sightseeing on the third day! "Am tired of all these buildings" was her response. Oh well.....

I was as free as a bird on the third and fourth days and I took the opportunity to go to the Dongdaemun.

The dongdaemun market looks as good as ever. Lots of activity, colorful, new buildings all around, the cheongye stream - it's a fun experience.

Here's a few photos:

There's "night markets" inside those towers. It's good to come here after midnight and experience the crowds inside - packed!

Let's cross the stream.

On the other side of the stream - the buildings need some overhaul in this area. I have a feeling this will happen soon ;)

There's a couple of "semi-traditional" houses here. A bit rundown - needs work.

Let's cross again to the market.

Inside the doota shopping mall.

Sorry for the picture.... :D

The face shop & the skinfood :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
loving the pictures!
man, it really really makes me want to go to seoul again....i love how alive the city is.!
when i went, they didnt have the stream in yet, so im really curious to see how it looks.
please post more!

·
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's not only the stream -- gangbuk has changed _a lot_! The buildings are still the same more or less but many little improvements here and there - it's so much more pleasant to roam around than 10 years ago. Seoul is becoming a mega "city-downtown" these days. I have a couple more hoods shot - stay tuned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts