SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Europa
1,231 Posts
Two new towers to rise next Ichon Rex in Yongsan.

HEIGHT: Tower A > 186m | Tower B > 186m
FLOORS: Tower A > 50 | Tower B > 50
USE: Residential
CONSTRUCTION START: 2016
CONSTRUCTION END: 2018
SOURCE: daum.co.kr

·
Europa
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I saw that this project is approved on lots of korean and not sites, but I don't believe so much that it'll be build. But, for now it's a proposal so needs a thred and I hope it'll be built.

·
Soul_Seoul
6,611 Posts
^^ on lower floors, it'd be very noisy, but higher floors, it'll not bothersome any more,
and actually in korea, such highrise building residentials mostly can't open windows, so no noise or pollution is influential,
the best premium of the towers' living is the unimpeded view of Han river and Seoul city.

·
Europa
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These are the five apartments that will be demolished for the towers (on the right)

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I hope the people who live in those apartments will be adequately compensated for their land. Mayor Park, despite his other failings, seems unlikely to allow a repeat of Yongsan circa 2008, but with president Park's administration in charge of things nationally, I'd not be surprised if developers were allowed to cheat residents out of what they're owed. But that's probably just me being overly pessimistic.

·
Europa
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think, or at least hope, they will live at least in the bottom floors of the towers... I think they deserve some apartments in the towers.

·
대한민국 사랑&
118 Posts
...or they will live in other parts of the city in empty (and decent) apartments... I don't think they will become homeless.

·
Soul_Seoul
6,611 Posts
I hope the people who live in those apartments will be adequately compensated for their land. Mayor Park, despite his other failings, seems unlikely to allow a repeat of Yongsan circa 2008, but with president Park's administration in charge of things nationally, I'd not be surprised if developers were allowed to cheat residents out of what they're owed. But that's probably just me being overly pessimistic.
central government don't care such single project. I think you believe korea seems to lag behind under dictatorship like africa or anywhete else.
and first, the residents are not poor class, no need of your emotional anxiety.
actually the apartment sale price is 800,000,000Won/102m2, like, 0.80millionUSD
, Ichon-dong is rich neighborhood despite the apartment looks shabby, the same as old apartments in Gangnam.

·
Soul_Seoul
6,611 Posts
I think, or at least hope, they will live at least in the bottom floors of the towers... I think they deserve some apartments in the towers.
if the new towers are reconstructed, that must be carried by the consent of the current residents, and they'd already got the right to live in the new apartment, and they decide the floor/room by lottery method(drawing lots) or the application of their own will, and next, the rest units be sold publicly.

·
Just like Sister Ray said
1,335 Posts
The Han river expressways are a disaster. It's a real shame Mayor Oh didn't stick around long enough to follow through on his pledge to underground them.

·
Europa
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^ Agree, it's not the most beautiful thing on Han River (together with that shitty apartments blocks)

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
central government don't care such single project. I think you believe korea seems to lag behind under dictatorship like africa or anywhete else.
and first, the residents are not poor class, no need of your emotional anxiety.
actually the apartment sale price is 800,000,000Won/102m2, like, 0.80millionUSD
, Ichon-dong is rich neighborhood despite the apartment looks shabby, the same as old apartments in Gangnam.
Yes, you're right that this project isn't nearly as big and important as the IBD would have been (is), but it's alarming that that sort of thing was allowed for a project of any size.

On the other hand, it's good that these places are worth enough to pay the residents comfortably. I have no problem with development anywhere, as long as it doesn't come at such an obvious and heavy expense to those whose land is being developed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts