SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is just me posting my photos from my visits to serbia during the past few years.

I´ll start of with the city of Novi Sad where I spend the most of my time when visiting Serbia.
First of some traditional "touristic" photos just to give you a taste of the city.

City center..

Town hall..

Pedestrian shopping street..

Dunavska street...

From the Petrovaradin Fortress

..and some HDR photos...

url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nixon-nydala/4950399705/]
[/url]

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx John... Actually I´m just a "good amateur" with professional equipment and driven by my passion...

I managed to take some 8000 photos during my latest stay in Serbia, off course half off them were crappy and also there was a lot off family photos and since I´m often shooting HDR there are three exposures to each photo, but still I believe that there will at least be some 500 photos off good quality to post in this thread...

so stay tuned.....:cheers:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Please post more of Novi Sad! It's such a beautiful city, one of the most beautiful in that area of Europe.

:cheers:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bulevar oslobođenja...

Novi Sad is full off big 3 lane Boulevards and the "biggest" and most popular is Bulevar oslobođenja (translated "Liberation Boulevard")...

The boulevard starts off at the train station and ends at the "Most Slobode" (Liberty Bridge)...

Train Station...

...and the bridge which runs straight into mountain thru a tunnel..

Here is the bridge from distance..

From the bridge...

.... and some off the buildings along this boulevard....

This is the HQ off a Serbian petrol company....

In the this little "forrest" like garden there is actually a coffee restaurant called "Timetravel" ...

..and one off the recently finished high rises...

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Color full facades...

Along the smaller streets connecting to this mayor boulevard you can find these buildings with color full fascades...

..some walls come with a massage....

Among al these new and color full buildings you can still find some old ones and in "good" shape, but in time I´m sure they will be torn down and replaced with something new..

..and thats just whats happening here, a small street is slowly transforming into a new boulevard.... this Zoned building is one of the biggest thats being built...

From the "inside" of Zoned....

and I just end it with a fire post.. hope you enjoyed the pics..

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Far more important than Bulevar Oslobođenja is this little street called Laze Teleckog, a side street to the pedestrian shopping street in central Novi Sad.
The street is small and narrow and packed with small shops, bars and restaurants... its has a mix of people and costumers but mostly youths, and the famous Cactus bar serve the best mojito in town....

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Beograd (Belgrad) the capital city of Serbia...

Well Novi Sad is not the only city in Serbia, there´s this city called Beograd (translated White City) or internationally Belgrade.

This city has some 2 million inhabitants and is one of the oldest cities in Europe. Beograd holds the not so fashionable record as the capital city that has experienced the most armed conflicts in the world, 110 to be exact and the city has been "bombed to the ground" and demolished 44 times...:eek:hno:

So again I´ll start off with some touristic photos .

This is the Terazije street from hotel Balkan...

Downtown shopping street Knez Mihajlova..

..Same street in HDR...

NoviBeograd (or NewBelgarde) from the hotel window...

Hram Svetog Save... there´s been a lot discussions about this church being or not being the biggest ortodox church in the world so I wont start any infected discussions here I´ll just tell the facts that its some 80 meters high and can host 10.000 people inside.... respect...

from inside the church where they are still working on the interior, this church was actually started being built back in 1935 but thanx to the above mentioned "conflicts" the work has been delayed and since 1985 all work has been done with money from donations...

...so hopefully within the next 20 years or so the constructions will be finished...

Another important church in Beograd...

..and back to Terazije street again...

..same street facing other direction..

and this is me (to the left) taking a coffee brake from all the photographing...

more off Beograd soon to come....:cheers:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts