SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
351 Posts
Both of you need to say what the source of these rumours are. People like to make things up, then people hear things from a 'friend of a friend' and end up blown way of out proportion to what the truth is. Unless you have spoken with someone actually working on it I don't think we should take these too seriously.

· Registered
351 Posts
In today Sunday Star Times theres a bit about Terry Serepisos and he mentions this building saying that it's height was 200m but "it did not get built". I think this project is quite dead. However there was some good news out of the bad. It also mentions a 26 floor building on Lambton Quay.

· Registered
351 Posts
I think so too. Considering that he sold the building I think we can consider this project dead, and this model is as far as it got. Like I said in an earlier posting in a newspaper article he said "it did not get built" as in past tense. He didn't say "it won't get built" but specifically "it did not get built".

· Registered
351 Posts
As much as I would like to see it built, I highly doubt it. I suggest changing the title to "SEREPISOS TOWER | Cancelled 200m+

- Serepisos himself specifically stated in a newspaper article "it did not get built".
- The site the building is supposed be built on was owned by him but he sold it recently.
- His previous project (cuba st building) still hasn't been built, maybe that is cancelled too.
- It is known that he has run into some financial difficulties, which is why it took so long to build the last project he completed.

I suggest we just think of this as something that would have been fanstastic to see, but is as dead as the Dodo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.