SkyscraperCity Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
In today's DomPost, there's a small article (not on stuff.co.nz) in the Commercial Property section saying that ACC has signed a short-term office lease at 256-272 Lambton Quay (part of Capital on the Quay). And the building's owner? None other than Terry Serepisos. That would probably mean the proposed site will be bigger than a "tiny sliver of land". There's not much heritage value on the façade, so it may get stripped out or bulldozed when the big day begins.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Given the global credit crunch, it's likely still on Terry's wish list for the time being. If/when he starts building again, the Bling Bomb on Cuba-Dixon will likely get priority.

·
Registered
351 Posts
In today Sunday Star Times theres a bit about Terry Serepisos and he mentions this building saying that it's height was 200m but "it did not get built". I think this project is quite dead. However there was some good news out of the bad. It also mentions a 26 floor building on Lambton Quay.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
In today Sunday Star Times theres a bit about Terry Serepisos and he mentions this building saying that it's height was 200m but "it did not get built". I think this project is quite dead. However there was some good news out of the bad. It also mentions a 26 floor building on Lambton Quay.
For our enlightenment, here's the article proper:

Sunday Star Times - Flashy? Who me? (1/11/2009)

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Walking past the century city building on tory street today I noticed there is a model of quite a large planned tower. Has this been there long?
Not Long,
They finished tiling the floor late last week or over the weekend.

Terry might be hoping his upcoming publicity on the Apprentice can help kick start the project.

But I think that there is enough spare office capacity in the CBD at present. (esp with the new Telecom building freeing up a big pile of space in 2012.)

UPDATE: There is a sign on the door saying that there is a TV crew filming, so I would put dollars to doughnuts that it has been set up as a set/backdrop for a segment on the Apprentice.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.