SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In your opinion, what are the seven wonders of your country?

For me, these are the seven architectural wonders of Spain. As you can imagine, it has been a difficult task to include just 7 monuments, so I've decided to choose very different architectural styles, hitorical periods and types of construction.

7 WONDERS OF SPAIN

1. Aqueduct of Segovia

The Aqueduct of Segovia is a Roman aqueduct in Segovia, Spain. With the Pont du Gard in France, it is one of the best-preserved elevated Roman aqueducts.(+info)

2. Alhambra

The Alhambra is a palace and fortress complex located in Granada, Andalusia, Spain. It was originally constructed as a small fortress in AD 889 on the remains of Roman fortifications... (+info)

3. Walls of Avila

The Walls of �vila in central Spain, completed between the 11th and 14th centuries, are the city of �vila's principal historic feature. These fortifications are the most complete in all of Spain. (+info)

4. Santiago de Compostela Cathedral

The Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela is part of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Santiago de Compostela and is an integral component of the Santiago de Compostela World Heritage Site in Galicia, Spain. (+info)

5. El Escorial

The Royal Site of San Lorenzo de El Escorial, commonly known as El Escorial, is a historical residence of the King of Spain, in the town of San Lorenzo de El Escorial, about 45 kilometres (28 miles) northwest of the capital, Madrid, in Spain. (+info)

6. Sagrada Familia

Basilica and Expiatory Church of the Holy Family is a large unfinished Roman Catholic church in Barcelona, designed by Catalan architect Antoni GaudÃ* (1852–1926). (+info)

7. Guggenheim Museum

The Guggenheim Museum Bilbao is a museum of modern and contemporary art designed by Canadian-American architect Frank Gehry, and located in Bilbao, Basque Country, Spain. (+info)

Do you agree with my list? Which monuments would you include in it?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.