old main stand

new and old

·
28,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Judging from what you said "only 50% is completed", maybe these stands behind the goal and in the touchline are newly built? If so, the seats are not my favorite. I prefer the seats which can be folded.

PS) By the way what are the "green" seats scattered in the "light green" seats? IMO they seem to simbolize something but they break the unity of colors.

·
Profile of the Rising Sun
2,847 Posts
Carrerra: I'm guessing the light green seats have been faded by the Sun and the dark green seats are replacements for broken steas.

·
Registered
556 Posts
The stands are newly built but many of the seats are already broken? That doesn't make sense to me.
Spanish teams don't tend to look after their stadiums too well by the looks of things, and their fans can get very lively.

I get the feeling this would need a big renovation even when it gets completed, if it gets completed.

·
Registered
421 Posts

So are they going to knock down the 3 tired main stand which has a roof and also the single tire behind the goal; then rebuild 3 tired stands that join to the new stands and complete the bowl? As I know nothing about Real Betis do they have the fan base to fill a 64,000 stadium?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts

So are they going to knock down the 3 tired main stand which has a roof and also the single tire behind the goal; then rebuild 3 tired stands that join to the new stands and complete the bowl? As I know nothing about Real Betis do they have the fan base to fill a 64,000 stadium?
Besides Estadio Manuel Ruiz de Lopera, Sevilla with the population of 700,000 has Estadio Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán which is being used as a home of Sevilla FC and also being planned to expand to around 64,000. When both of the projects are completed, Sevilla will have two 64K stadias!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the two stadiums have sellouts at the same time, that means nearly 20% of the whole population are in the football stadium at some point of time. That's really amazing :nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts:

·
28,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The new stands are already 6 years old.

In Spain you do not have a +95% average attendance lik in England or Germany

·
Registered Abuser
4,678 Posts
I believe that Real Betis is traditionally the more popular working class club of Seville whereas Sevilla FC is the club of the middle and upper class. So would they be able to fill it regularly? No (they average about 36,000 this season). Would they be able to fill it for big games? Yes.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
^^ I don't think they could fill it even for big games.
They had about 50k vs Madrid and Barça this year and even a few years ago in the CL vs Chelsea it was not a complete sellout.
It's quite strange that they average nearly 40k but can't fill a 55k stadium even for big games.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
They had about 50k vs Madrid and Barça this year and even a few years ago in the CL vs Chelsea it was not a complete sellout.
It's quite strange that they average nearly 40k but can't fill a 55k stadium even for big games.
But the renovations accompanied by the enlargements would provide spectators with more comfortable environment for watching football which will have very positive impacts on increasing attendance - I mean they are likely to have sellouts after the expansion even though they don't at the moment.

·
BCN SPA
698 Posts
Besides Estadio Manuel Ruiz de Lopera, Sevilla with the population of 700,000 has Estadio Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán which is being used as a home of Sevilla FC and also being planned to expand to around 64,000. When both of the projects are completed, Sevilla will have two 64K stadias!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the two stadiums have sellouts at the same time, that means nearly 20% of the whole population are in the football stadium at some point of time. That's really amazing :nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts:
The city of Sevilla has 705,000 inhabitants, but the metro is around 1,200,000 and the province 1,700,000. Not only people from the city go to see the matches. :)

·
©
9,401 Posts
^^
That sounds more like it! I thought Sevilla was bigger than 700k. One of my best mates is from there, he told me it was around the size of Brisbane, Australia. (1.85 million) Because of my mate, Betis are my adopted Spanish team. They've been going alright lately as well.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I believe that Real Betis is traditionally the more popular working class club of Seville whereas Sevilla FC is the club of the middle and upper class. So would they be able to fill it regularly? No (they average about 36,000 this season). Would they be able to fill it for big games? Yes.
If you would class the two clubs in political sence, then Betis would be the right wing club (quite notarias by Spanish standards, see bottle incedents and stuff) and Sevilla would be the left wing club from Sevilla.

It is not about filling it, it is about not having a (much) smaller stadium then your neighbour... Ambition and glamour. I love it.
By the way, both clubs can fill the stadiums if they do well in la liga. Don´t forget a big part of this season it almost looked like if Betis would play in la segunda next your.

1 - 20 of 966 Posts