SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 966 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
It is strange, but stand for stand I like the old main stand the best. Big first and third, smaller second ´ring´. I like it when they are not the same.

·
28,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
But Betis 64k project i older than FC's 64k
When Betis built the new stands, FC one playing in the 2nd league
So, IMO, its FC Sevilla who wanted a "bigger" stadium than the rival

·
Registered
11 Posts
Besides Estadio Manuel Ruiz de Lopera, Sevilla with the population of 700,000 has Estadio Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán which is being used as a home of Sevilla FC and also being planned to expand to around 64,000. When both of the projects are completed, Sevilla will have two 64K stadias!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the two stadiums have sellouts at the same time, that means nearly 20% of the whole population are in the football stadium at some point of time. That's really amazing :nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts:
Besides these two stadiums, Seville has an Olympic Stadium, too.
http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/europe/spain/andalusia/sevilla_la_cartuja.shtml
This stadium has 72k capacity. Larger than Sevilla and Betis stadiums:nuts:

·
28,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Damn i love the facade / outside

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Manuel Lopera has apparently decided to discontinue construction of the new stadium leaving two old stands untouched. It would be stupid to leave a new stadium partially finished.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Manuel Lopera has apparently decided to discontinue construction of the new stadium leaving two old stands untouched. It would be stupid to leave a new stadium partially finished.
You have a link for that story?

I read today there is a possibility that a rich Emir from UAE (cousin of the owner of Man City...) might take over the club from Lopera for 90m €.
If it will happen will be decided in april.
Here is an interview about it with a guy from Betis (in spanish):
http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/futbol-noventa-millones-emir-nada/dasftb/20090325dasdaiftb_45/Tes

Says one of the arguments for a takeover is that they could finsish the stadium.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
God, I have to provide a link for everything around here! I heard the story on the stadium's Wikipedia article.

·
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine
1,653 Posts
If this stadium would have had a roof, then it would have looked really awesome :D

·
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine
1,653 Posts
^^ Well there is a project, but when it will be done is more then uncertain...
Wow, nice model, hope they will soon start to work on it :D Also i would recommend them to change the seats to modern one's when they will start to reconstruct the stadium.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
^^ Yeah seats look very worn out at the moment.
But I don't think construction is going to start any time soon. The club has other problems at the moment.
Real Betis was relegated to 2nd Division a few weeks ago, a possible takeover from a rich Sheik didn't succeed and the current club President (after whom the stadium is named...) is very unpopular. Two weeks ago ago more than 60'000 people protested against him on the streets of Sevilla.

·
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine
1,653 Posts
Wow, i have to say that a lot of the stadiums in Spain are quite steep, feels like ur gonna fall down :D

·
Banned
16 Posts

PLANTA - 01

PLANTA - 02

MODEL - 01

MODEL - 02

MODEL - 03

MODEL - 04

MODEL - 05

MODEL - 06

MODEL - 07

MODEL - 08

MODEL - 09

MODEL - 10

·
28,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
how many palcos does it have and will it have?
BTW 3rd tier is 37° :D

21 - 40 of 966 Posts