Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I personally would love to see threads closed and a reason why they were closed in a post by a moderator, instead of just deleting it or hiding it.

Then people can learn what is and what is not acceptable on SSC.

·
Proud Torontonian
1,421 Posts
I agree. Not sure how one can learn if one doesn't know how one messed up. One one one.

·
~ Mysterious Entity ~
4,865 Posts
What does it have to do with urbanity?
There r a number of threads in the Canada section that have a rather dubious connection to urbanity. The #1 sticky thread at the top of the section is called "GO SENATORS GO," but, hockey doesn't really have much to do with the design and function of cities imo.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
There r a number of threads in the Canada section that have a rather dubious connection to urbanity. The #1 sticky thread at the top of the section is called "GO SENATORS GO," but, hockey doesn't really have much to do with the design and function of cities imo.
:bash: ........

·
Eat your fudge!
1,918 Posts
This section's called 'Canada Urban Issues', yet 80% of threads here have slim to no connection with urbanity. I'd suggest the mods to either get 'apply' for a skybar or clean the place up.

·
Ex-mod
7,931 Posts
sorry guys, the people from the floor above said no. :(

The administrators have informed me that thread was closed for your own personal safety. We welcome people of all ages, children and adults, to these forums and the registration process is virtually unregulated. These types of topics are not allowed at Skyscrapercity.com

·
Put it in your mouth
7,111 Posts
They banned your gay thread? LOL.

The Aussie skybar is full of gay threads such as "have you earned your brown wings?" and the infamous "sexual demographic" one.

Maybe you should just create the thread in the Australian section with the excuse that Canada won't tolerate it, I'm sure that no one will mind. You better post hot pics of yourself in there though. Otherwise the queers will get angry :p

and put me down as gay.

·
Registered
521 Posts
well, you can earn your brown wings no matter what your sexual orientation.

women poop too.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I do not know what happened to that thread. A moderator started it, and I being the other Canadian Moderator had nothing against it.

It was interesting. You should visit the UK Skybar, their threads can go quite crazy. I thought the local mod was able to decide what threads and what thread should not be allowed.

·
Banned
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ultimately it's the admins that have final say though. I've been a mod for other popular message forums, and there was a lot of confusion on one of them with regards to duties and responsibilities. The admins would move in a lot over mods and do the mods responsibilities, which to me is a bad decision. They should really only do that under extreme cases.

I'm not even sure if that's what happened here though.

·
Proud Torontonian
1,421 Posts
Is there a definitive difference between an administrator and a moderator? I've always thought the two titles could be used interchangeably.

·
Salad Days Are Here
3,649 Posts
Administrators are the ones that literally run the forum. They handle coding, features and forums.

A moderator directs the forum and makes sure the rules are followed by, some lead the discussion but on some really large forums, the moderators play a much subtler role of controlling the directions of forums.

Further distinction can be made. Administrators run and own the forum, super-moderators enforce rules while moderators lead discussions. Moderators can flag and warn of behaviour for the super moderators to make decisions on punishment. Super-moderators deal out warnings, suspensions and bannings. If someone attacks the site, the administrator steps in and enacts serious bannings (IP range bans, IP bans and the sort.)

However, a moderator usually does not have the ability to ban or suspend members. That is usually an administrator's job.

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
sorry guys, the people from the floor above said no. :(

The administrators have informed me that thread was closed for your own personal safety. We welcome people of all ages, children and adults, to these forums and the registration process is virtually unregulated. These types of topics are not allowed at Skyscrapercity.com
Yes, god forbid the 13 year olds (The minimum age of membership without parental consent on internet forums, by American law) learn about homosexuality, a whole year because they're legally allowed to have sex.

It's better people don't know about homosexuality until after they're married.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.