SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Seychelles, Untouched Beauty

23531 Views 32 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  skyscrapercityabc
A while ago, I was in the U.S. Navy and we had been operating off the coast of Africa. (Sorry, no pictures as a Marine had stolen my entire camera bag including the CF cards with all the shots I had taken!) We took a break and sailed into the middle of the Indian Ocean to a small archipelago island nation called Seychelles. (For those who are not familiar with the island nation here is a link to information on Seychelles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seychelles)

We spent four days there and it was the first tropic island I had ever been too. Since that day the marine stole my camera bag, I had been kicking myself for not being able to save the shots I had taken of the beautiful islands.

I wished I could go back there, but one day we priced out airfare from the US to Seychelles and it would cost over 1,000 dollars each way to the island.

Therefore, I have decided to start this thread so that I and anyone else could post pictures of these beautiful islands.

You can post as many pictures you want a day, yet please keep it to two pictures a post. Other then that, enjoy the images and have fun! Also, if the pictures are not yours, please at least post who had taken the shot.

Seychelles Sunset

By Dracs

Beach, Praslin, Seychelles

By Zinnie
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Seychelles - Cote d'or

By DiFo&Natura

Seychelles - La Digue

By DiFo&Natura
Reactions: Rombi

By Mau71

Mehe Island, Victoria harbor

By M Watson
Victoria, 3 days after the tsunami in December 2004, the Seychelles suffered from heavy rainfalls, causing flooding and mudslides.

By mayion

Victoria Clock Tower

By Revital9

Off to the right of the clock is a second story open air restaurant. We sat right next to those windows and even watched a tropical heavy downpour while barely getting wet. My friend and I had one of the best meals I've had in a long time. It lasted three courses of various fish dishes, five drinks each, and lasted at least two hours of bliss!

By Alberto Zavattiero

By ssalpeas

By FReigM

By debari72

By ventrais

By bodji

By killthebird

By bodji

By killthebird

By mwilmes

By DiFo&Natura

By Y. Ballester

By Hayley999

By Johnny B from Rugby

By DiFo&Natura

By hittischolz

By Jonathan Palfrey

By DiFo&Natura

By Karl-Paul Faber
This place looks like paradise. I've always been intrigued by The Seychelles and now a friend of mine is moving there with his partner - he'll be leaving the winter paradise here in Montréal for the tropical paradise there...lucky bastard!

Thanks for the pics, Brothejr!
Wow, what a colorful place, I love those smoothe wierd rocks on the beach, and how the golden sand and clear blue water colide.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.