Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 505 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
San Francisco Bay Area Development News

Post any info or pictures of projects in the Bay Area.

Undersonstruction, approved or proposed.

SF:
301 Mission
St. Regis Museum Tower
One Rincon Hill
555 Mission
300 Spears
301 Folsom
Intercontinental Hotel
324 Howard
Exchange Place (350 Bush Street)
1101 O'Farrell
Federal Building
Watermark

Oak:

SJ:
Civic Center
8 East San Fernando

·
Registered
101 Posts
Rincon Hill Project
"A twinkle in a planner's eye does not create real market conditions," said Debra Stein, spokeswoman for the developer. "We are ready to break ground by the end of the year."
read the whole article: the independent

"For people who like the way Vancouver looks, these are the buildings that most resemble Vancouver-style high-rises," Metcalf said. "We think this is a great building topography for San Francisco."

The developer goes before the Planning Commission on Feb. 17 and is hoping to break ground this summer.
read the whole article: the examiner

·
Registered
101 Posts
Intercontinental Hotel
height: 320'
floors: 31
architect: Patri Merker Architects

·
Registered
11,737 Posts
naughtyins0mniac said:
Intercontinental Hotel
height: 320'
floors: 31
architect: Patri Merker Architects

·
Registered
101 Posts
612bv3 said:
^ I thought that building was cancelled, I guess not.
was it cancelled? i really am not sure coz i just found short old articles on the internet then i found pictures. i even visited the patri merker website and found the design..

612bv3 said:
Well here's an update picture of the SF Bloomingdale's. I took it today.
i didnt pay interest to this grand and controversial mall.. i wanna see the dome when its finished. so does that elevated part of SFC's concourse level, near the elevators, go to bloomingdale? cool... ill try to take pictures in front of marriott tomorrow..

this part of mission looks cooler and cooler everyday, the city college bldg, metreon, moscone, and now the bloomingdale, all of them have glass facades..

·
Registered
101 Posts
300 Spear St.

i think they started the excavation... taken today

[guess i was walking too fast]

ill try to upload, to the internet, the stupid video i took while walking in front of the site..

·
Registered
101 Posts
201 Folsom

i dont know if its approved already but here you go..

its just behind the 300 spear st so, yeah. as you can see, there are cars, still, parked in the lot..

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From the SF Examiner.

Transbay Redevelopment Plan hearing postponed

The full Board of Supervisors on Tuesday officially heard from the Redevelopment Agency its proposed revisions to San Francisco's General Plan and zoning rules, which would allow the $2 billion replacement of the Transbay Terminal to go ahead, in addition to several thousand housing units in the vicinity of Mission and First streets. But the matter was put over until next week, since supervisors' suggested changes require a response from the agency.

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Thanks for showing the u/c 18-floor Federal Building up there, bv3! :eek:kay:

The architect is Thom Mayne, who was just awarded this year's prestigious Pritzker Architecture Prize. :bowtie:

The San Francisco Chronicle's architecture critic John King (love that man! :love: ) wrote an article on Mayne, his life and his work on March 21. A picture accompanies the article:

[credit: Morphosis, Mayne's arch. firm, and the SF Chronicle]

Otherwise: thanks for all the photos, guys! :applause: Keep 'em coming! :)

I'm pleased that the project near the Transbay Terminal seems to finally getting off the ground. On the other hand, why painstakingly save the cupola of the old Emporium Building in order to plonk it onto the glassy Bloomingdale's-to-be? I thought they were going to retain the fassade. :bash:

·
Registered
101 Posts
^^ i read on the papers a few months ago that they are gonna keep the front facade, thats all.. everything else will go away..

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
That's what I remember reading, too, naughtyinsOmniac. But then take another look at bv3's post above:

612bv3 said:
Here's what the Bloomindale's is suppose to look like when finish.
That doesn't look like a retained fassade to me at all. Unless, of course, it'll be a few feet behind the glass frontage. But then why bother in the first place? :nuts:

1 - 20 of 505 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.