SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 18 of 35 Posts

· 中華民國
3,744 Posts
I assume this was taken on the observation deck of Jinmao tower. It's too bad that the sky wasn't clear that day, otherwise more skyscrapers on the Puxi side can be seen. :(

· 中華民國
3,744 Posts
I went during nighttime too. My friends there took me to a German pub, quite interesting, they had a live show where Germans were playing instruments. After our 8th round things got a little fuzzy :)

But I do remember going to some shops before that and OMG, they had some really nice products with prices to match... :)

· 中華民國
3,744 Posts
stadiumfuture said:
The pyramid is an stadium for 80.000 seats (This is the first level)
then an sportcomplex (second level)
hotel (the top level)
Huh, a stadium/sport complex with a hotel all in one building. That is an interesting combination. We'll see how that works out :) When is it supposed to be built?

· 中華民國
3,744 Posts
I can understand both sides, yet neither side seem to want to understand each other.

Bottom line is, if you want to compliment someone, don't do it in a way that they may find insulting. It kind of defeat the whole purpose.

BTW, it's easy to point fingers, while you're accusing some Chinese posters of being "immature" and not "respecting" other posters, you are doing the exact same by repeatedly "compliment" in a way that some Chinese members here find insulting.

· 中華民國
3,744 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I understand the original comment was meant to be a compliment, I never claimed that the comment was insulting in any way and its pretty hard to interpret it that way, I just expressed my feelings toward such compliments - annoyance.

Yes I find it annoying when people repeatedly say that Shanghai is on its way to becoming so and so of some place in the US. It automatically assumes that the US is looked up to and that its this and that, but what if I don't look up to it and think its this and that?

I didn't insult the poster of the original comment in any way, I just pointed out I found such compliments a little annoying, even if they are complimentary in nature, and if saying that makes me immature, disrespectful, intolerant etc, then you my friend are taking political correctness to a whole new level.
Right on.

:applause:

· 中華民國
3,744 Posts
Shanghai (from the viewpoint of a tourist) is very small.

There is Puxi with the Nanjing-Road, Pudong, the old town with the garden (forgot the name) and 新天地. Did I forget something?
Depends on what you like, everyone is different. But two things off the top of my head that you missed are the museums around the People's Square and the People's Square itself.

· 中華民國
3,744 Posts
Its kinda disappointing that Chinese cities need events to clean up its image. Beijing olympics, World expo 2010, Guangzhou Asian Games, what else? I know that many Chinese cities are still developing and a lot of them are quite impressive but these face lift or improvements in older cities should be done long time ago.
Many cities in developing, or former developing, nations needed such international events to give them the boost to become world-class cities. China isn't alone in this case.

1 - 18 of 35 Posts