SkyscraperCity banner

221 - 240 of 279 Posts

·
JADE+QA
41 Posts
Why depressing? We are reusing an old industrial site improving it and giving it new use... What is depressing about that? Do not understand where you are coming from... Most people think it is a great idea... Well you are entitled to your opinion I suppose... Sorry we offended you...:(

·
Banned
566 Posts
Lol!as the director of the project i guess it is understandable to showcase and promote it as the seventh wonder of the world!
I feel free as a human being not to sleep like a rat,in a hole.
Even China has plenty of amazing NATURAL sites!
I can't believe Intercontinental is involved in such a ridiculous project.
Hopefully you're not gonna call this Ecotourism!
Having said that,kudos for the technical performance!

·
JADE+QA
41 Posts
I believe 'amazing natural sites' should be left undeveloped and in their natural state... There are plenty of unused damaged and derelict disused or misused sites, that can be sensitively re-developed and enhanced for useful purpose, rather than destroying natural beauty...

As for the '7th wonder of the world' I don't care about this kind of status - those are not my words and I never have promoted it as such... it is up to other people to judge whether this is good or bad architecture, as architects we follow our instinct and hope the result is good. Sometime it is...

Cheers

·
JADE+QA
41 Posts
Someone clearly can't appreciate the creativity. This project is so underrated and it's sad it doesn't have more active followers and updates.
Thank you for your support... The reason it does not have many active followers is because it has taken so long to get from the concept to the construction progress we see now... I expect many followers just lost their patience... I'll try to update more often... Cheers

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
...Depressing!..Sounds for me like a very stupid idea.
Lol!as the director of the project i guess it is understandable to showcase and promote it as the seventh wonder of the world!
I feel free as a human being not to sleep like a rat,in a hole.
Even China has plenty of amazing NATURAL sites!
I can't believe Intercontinental is involved in such a ridiculous project.
Hopefully you're not gonna call this Ecotourism!
Having said that,kudos for the technical performance!
Something is bothering you - and it has nothing to do with the project. I guess you are free to be miserable.

The concept/project is fun and exciting. The "free" media attentions the project is receiving suggest it is an attractive concept/project to a lot of people.

A semi-natural site which was used as a water catchment in Sai Kung, Hong Kong:

Eddie Lau YouTube Capture

·
Registered
714 Posts
I recall this project had one of those STOP/GO development process.
One day its all system go, the next its silent for months.
Good to see the project finally taking shape.

·
JADE+QA
41 Posts
Progress Update - Facade installation starting in November, following the completion of the steel structure. Also Interior design of the guest rooms is finalised following completion of the 2nd round of the mock ups on site - only minor detail refinement is ongoing.
We are very pleased to see that Wikipedia has updated and corrected the page on this hotel, giving us a correct credit for our involvement in the project - having designed the concept and seen the project from its beginning in 2006 until its completion it is important to us. See Wikipedia.org - Shimao Wonderland Intercontinental Hotel

221 - 240 of 279 Posts