SkyscraperCity banner

261 - 279 of 279 Posts

·
Kinky Christian
3,144 Posts
These are even fresher, I found them on the twitter profile of the architect - JADE+QA. The link is posted bellow.
According to the profile the hotel is opening at the end of October.
I am not exactly satisfied with the final look. Don't get me wrong, overall the project was a very good idea, considering the location. I just wish the finishing touches looked more futuristsic than postmodern.

Source: https://twitter.com/songjiangquarry

·
Je suis kanonirsss
5,150 Posts
more photos

A stunning view of the "Deep Pit Hotel" in Shanghai. (Photos provided to chinadaily.com.cn)

The "Deep Pit Hotel", the lowest lying hotel in the world, opens in Shanghai today. It has two floors above ground and 16 underground - two underground floors are even underwater. The hotel has in total 336 guest rooms.

National Geographic called it the world's architecture miracle. Guest room starts from around 4,000 yuan per night on some of the online tourism sites.

It is also called the 'Quarry Hotel' since it's built on a site which earlier was a quarry.

The two bottom floors are underwater and boast a glass-walled aquarium, a restaurant and guest rooms. (Photo provided to chinadaily.com.cn)

·
Kinky Christian
3,144 Posts
The bar's interior gives a very one thousand and eight hundreds British industrial revolution vibe. I like the steel made ceilings, floors, pipelines, and of course the vanguard chandelier which also seem to borrow inspiration from Chinese traditionalism. The interior designers did a great job, very ambientall bar.

261 - 279 of 279 Posts