SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
逍遥法外
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Springtime in Shanghai, some days too hot for a poor northwestern sucker like myself to bear, sometimes too damn cold...and sometimes just right. I don't let no damn weather deter me from delivering the goods however:

With the sun being in the wrong goddamn position, coating my subject in a haze on an otherwise outstanding day..

...with the opposite direction looking like this:

Get me to the Church on time...

Same wall, different wacky characters:

那个洋鬼子到底在拍什么呢?!
What the hell is that cracker taking pictures of?!

Thar be Dragons!

Not a bad exposure, just lots of smoke

More crazy smoke

And now a quick tour of some of Shanghai's allegedly oldest apartments

And now for something completely different..
Old and New

Surprise, surprise..more construction

New high-rises trampling the old and obselete like a tsunami

For some finale action--giving a new meaning to "old" and "new":

That's what we have for now...if I get bored I may post some bonuses--the ones that didn't make the cut.

·
Banned
2,687 Posts
WOW.... Great shots!!! Now I can see some of the real Shanghai...

Great job XiaoBai

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
i love those old neighbourhoods, hope they dont demolish them all.

Shanghai is a city with A LOT of character.

·
7,972 Posts
Thank you, this is the Shanghai I've wanted to see pictures of. The old parts are infinately more interesting than the sterile look of Pudong.

·
Registered
537 Posts
BrizzyChris said:
Thank you, this is the Shanghai I've wanted to see pictures of. The old parts are infinately more interesting than the sterile look of Pudong.
Not to say having the best food! Pudong is sterile for the most part, but the new development in Puxi, despite being modern, are quite vibrant.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Not all the old areas are slums, though they all appear dilapidated to some degree due to age. McAllen, eh? I've been there. :)

·
Banned
7,144 Posts
autumnriver said:
This pano is inclusive. Most of the tallest buildings of the city can be seen on it.
Originally posted by XiaoBai
Nah, many tallest buildings of the Shanghai you can not see from this picture, those in Jing'an, Hongqiao or Xujiahui.

·
Banned
274 Posts
^ well, those talls aren't the TALLEST. in this pic, you see the 5 tallest towers in the city. and it's an excellent view that shows the depth and scale of shanghai's massive skyline.

btw, excellent pics as usual, dear. your pics prove that shanghai is indeed a complex city, with a skyline that blows the shit and guts out of ALL but 3 cities in this world (ya'll know who they are).

·
Banned
274 Posts
BrizzyChris said:
:sleepy:

amazing.

for someone that's part of a forum that glorifies and worships the SKYSCRAPER, i find this statement odd, out-of-place, and somewhat silly.

pudong might be sterile right now, but it's the greatest friggin' highrise BOOMTOWN anywhere on planet earth right now. those skyline shots are to-die-for for any skyscraper enthusiasts. those who criticize are solely jealous.

·
逍遥法外
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A previously unseen pano...similar to one of those posted above..but longer and a different angle:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts