Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18,181 Posts
i went 3 times in the lat 90's.
the best period is the end of February and the first 2 weeks of March, when there is the reproduction of the corals.
i did excellent dives and snorkelling.
nothing to do apart that.
i went in the South Malè Atoll, in the Faafu and Ari.

·
Premium member
10,314 Posts
I was there in 1997. Great diving!

The airport is pretty amazing. You better dont miss the runway.

·
Registered
meow
10,252 Posts
Isn't Male an interesting town? I mean, a town that covers an entire island, it must have some different stuff!

·
Registered
18,181 Posts
there is nothing to see in Malè. overcrowded, a little bit dirty and with nothing of interesting to see.
the only thing is the fish market in the early morning, but there are everyday hundreds of tourists.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I came back from the island of Kuredu about two weeks ago and I have to say it was stunning! I went there for scuba diving and it is probably the best diving I have had - not as many different fish as Hawaii but the sheer volume has to be seen to be believed.

Everything you get told about the powder soft sand is true, the sun was glorious and the sea really is that azure blue. I was lucky enough to travel by seaplane from the main airport to Kuredu, and flying over the atolls has to be seen to be believed.

·
Support The Environment
1,122 Posts
Nice! Life in the islands. How big is Male in size? The size of the country is about 298 km square. The whole country is smaller than most cities around the world.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts