SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited Shedd Aquarium yesterday and made a short video showing some of the different animals they have there, and posted it on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNB-11mbZQc
I haven't been to the Shedd since I was maybe 8 years old, so it was good to finally get back there. The original building is pretty impressive, but the newer oceanarium is the star of the show. What a wonderful view of Chicago and the lake! Shedd even had a special lizard exhibit featuring a komodo dragon, which I would highly recommend visiting.

I also briefly walked around rivereast just to check out some of the construction. 340 on the park looks interesting from the back side, and aqua should add nicely to that area.

·
What'u smokin' Willis?
2,097 Posts
The aquarium is one of the best places to bring chicks, especially if you know the trick to getting the dolphins to come over to you.

·
Jack-Of-All-Trades
1,391 Posts
haha, sweet.

I love the way the oceanarium is designed, so that the dolphins' pool visually appears to connect to the lake beyond. When I was a kid, I used to think that it actually did just flow right through.

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
ardecila said:
haha, sweet.

I love the way the oceanarium is designed, so that the dolphins' pool visually appears to connect to the lake beyond. When I was a kid, I used to think that it actually did just flow right through.
me too, except when I walk that Bike trail, seprating the Aquarium and the Lake.

Last time I been there was 3 months ago... and I use those free Chicago passes from the library. Um... Is shedd a non profit Aquarium?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^Yep, according to the website it's "a nonprofit organization dedicated to public education and conservation."

·
Registered
32 Posts
Could anybody post a picture of the Pacific Island exhibit at the Shedd Aquarium? Could you please tell me where that island was modelled after? Thanks much!

·
Registered
838 Posts
I was at Shedd last summer, and I agree, it's nice that its right next to the Field Museum and Adler, but don't forget Soldier Field. I was actually heading to the lake front to see the Chicago Fire play AC Milan, and killed some time at the Aquarium, and apparently I wasn't the only one- it seemed every 3rd person there was wearing a soccer jersey.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts