·
Registered
11,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SHEFFIELD
Development Summary

Re-doing this thread even as you read this... :banana:

St Pauls Tower
Under Construction | Residential | 32 and 9 floors | 101m (331ft)

SSC Thread - St Pauls Place

-

St Pauls Place | S1 | Conran and Partners | City Lofts

Chesham House
Proposed | Residential/Office | 24 floors | 76m (250ft)

SSC Thread

- -

Chesham House | S1 | John McAslan + Partners | RREEF UK Ltd

1 Furnival Square
Under Construction ON HOLD | Office/Hotel | 17 floors | 68m (221ft)

SSC Thread

- -

1 Furnival Square | S1 | Urban Innovations | McAleer & Rushe Group

Photo's and Renders Courtesy of:

Gothicform, PaulP,

·
Registered
11,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Right guys heres your official Sheffield Developments Thread, created by me and officially backed by the gothic man himself :D. a bit more work now and tomorrow and it should be up to date, after that any corrections, additional information or photos you think i should make/use then PM me.

·
Registered
11,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers, though i meant to get James to lock and stickify this to give the professional touch ;)

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
How come you state that hanover house is approved ? Cos last time i looked on skyscrapernews.com it said it was still in the pre planning stage, or is that basically what you mean when you say its marketing is to begin soon on it ?

sowwy im a little confused lol

·
Like 'Berg'
6,807 Posts
*Double take*..How long as this been here?! lol.

Glad to see it though, and well Done to Sheffield for embracing the building boom, some exciting projects in that list, pity for those cancelled as they're quite classy structures :( But its also good to see an extensive amount of midrises going up amongst the high proposals (originally typed approsals then, could that be coined a new term? lol...could work).

Definately a city to keep an eye on :D
Congrats!

·
Registered
259 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Scotland Street

I purchased a 2bed apt with parking in Metis Apts in Scotland St...........anyone have any idea wat their now worth??

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Prob. the same as what you paid for it. But the smart money is on modern city centre properties like those on Scotland Street rising in value as amenities develop around the new apartments. There seems to be a lot of confidence in the city at the moment. Fingers crossed.

·
6,987 Posts
Some good stuff planned for Sheffield over the past couple of years. I think Yorkshire having two major cities that will look like major cities with clusters of high rises in their centres will really boost the region and give it more pride and confidence. We seem to have been lagging behind the north west region for far too long.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Interesting to take a glance at happenings up the M1. Bridgewater Place is under construction, and will dwarf anything else in Yorkshire - until City Lofts goes up. Looks like the two cities' traditional rivalry is to be reflected in the construction of two towers, both pretty similar in height (although Sheffield's is the better-designed).

·
Cave dweller.
99 Posts
I've hardly been to Sheffield but if these all go up, it'll have a superb skyline. Hope they're all sorted.

·
Banned
8,209 Posts
Yeah, I was walking past them last Friday. They're ace. I love the way they shoot higher every now and then. The new water feature near Millenium Square is cool as well. :cool:

·
Registered
11,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shall I create a 'proposed water and light features' section of the developnment summary guys? ;)

·
Registered
11,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Weston Tower added. Got more free time now so i'll get this page up to scratch again. If anyone wants to put a little link in their own signatures to promote the place then Sheffield will thank and salute you!

1 - 20 of 7359 Posts