SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
30,483 Posts
lol major town. I think that should be city otherwise it really comes nowhere near Leeds. There are a number of schems in Sheffield but most of them are not on the same scale as those in Leeds so I doubt it will rival Leeds any time soon. But who knows; doubt it tbh though.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
I dont want to come across as slagging Sheffield off , but it's 20 years behind in terms of development compared to Leeds .

If and when Sheffield's current proposal's get built , then it will have a point to prove .

·
Banned
574 Posts
I'm glad Sheffield is entering the skyscraper game. It's a massive city with great historical importance and prestige.

All we need is for Newcastle to get going and all the major English provincial cities, Brum, Manc, Leeds, Liverpool, Sheff and Newcastle will be at last starting to look like proper cities.

A Leeds/Sheffield rivallry will be a good thing. But you wont win!

(apologies to Nottingham, Bristol, Bradford etc, but you know)

·
Registered
259 Posts
There will always be a rivally between Sheffield and Leeds. The pendulum swung in Sheffield's favour during the Industrial Revolution and back again in 80's/90's. It'll probably swing back and forth again for the rest of time. Leeds will remain on top for the forseeable future but who knows what's round the corner.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I think that this thread is going to cause alot of arguments but I might as well add my thoughts. The two cities are ahead of each in some things and others not. For example Leeds has better shopping, stronger economy while Sheffield has more cultural attractions and better transport faciltiles e.g Arena, Stadium, Supertram etc.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Accura said:
Tell me, how does that relate to this? Is that the best argument you have? I take it you agree that Leeds cannot match Sheffields tram network?
How can it match something it doesn't have? Shefield has a tram network, Leed doesn't therefore Sheffield clearly has a better tram network
?! Fuckwit.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Accura said:
Tell me, how does that relate to this? Is that the best argument you have? I take it you agree that Leeds cannot match Sheffields tram network?
Are you bitter though? Your cocky little manager lost you the semi final and it looks like he might be leaving you in the lurch. Talk about adding insult to injury..............

·
Registered
930 Posts
Overall Leeds doesn’t have any Overground or Underground Heavy Rail, Light Rail or any Metros and No Airport franchise.

Vs Sheffield- No Tram system.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Insignia said:
Overall Leeds doesn’t have any Overground or Underground Heavy Rail, Light Rail or any Metros and No Airport franchise.

Vs Sheffield- No Tram system.
And how does this affect the city? Have you any experience of getting to and from places in Leeds or are you just looking at statements on a page and making your own judgements?

1 - 20 of 130 Posts