1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,603 Posts
wow i hope they stay with the design, very very nice :)

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,603 Posts
are the monotone buildings around really like this or just filler for future other buildings?

·
Banned
213 Posts
I agree with most other people in the thread, the tower doesn't look unique enough in order to set itself as an iconic landmark.

Unless they put on some extraordinary cladding of course. I'm waiting for the day when someone out there is brave enough to build a supertall with yellow, green or red glass cladding. Why does it have to be blue, silver, black or white all the time?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Black is completely ugly, I like silver or blue, depending on how its built, white is ok

Yellow? you mean gold? It already exists in many cities. Green will make it look like a tree and red is a bit too out there. having said that, China has some really nice monuments and architecture built presumably during the early communist, like the circle thing in Qingdao, that looks really nice.

At the rate china is going, i don't think 'towers' will be the landmark for cities. I think the skylines itself if built properly and uniquely enough will be the landmark

·
Banned
213 Posts
I dont think green is that bad. In fact, looking like a tree is a positive thing these days. In the future, skyscrapers will become more and more sustainable and "green", supposedly working as vertical cities.

·
Registered
860 Posts
but it won't look modern. I hope china can modernize their architecture and make them distinctly different from the developed world. Taiwan/japan/s.korea look pretty similar with their cityscapes, lots of small buildings clustered together. China on the other hand is getting stuff all planned out, something s.korea is starting to do as well.

·
Registered
25,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very dark blue, very dark green, silver and dark colors in general are the best to me, always. Anyway I'm pretty sure that design is conceptual, we'll have to wait a lot before they release actual designs. I only hope they'll truly build something that big. I'd be happy it that one was the final one though :cheers:

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,603 Posts
looks like there could be several others with a height of 250m+ . i hope for more supertalls, since the design of the surrounding buildings doesn't seem to be finished yet :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts