Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Splendid China.

Everyone really needs to stop it with the goofy Ferris Wheels.

Reactions: Fabouninou

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,477 Posts
man, world's tallest ferris wheel for shenzhen would be amazing. over 200m is a big jump from the current tallest ferris wheel, but this is Shenzhen, they gotta go big right :D

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,477 Posts
would like to know the location, i so hope it is in one of the parks in central shenzhen, like near the window of the world between baishizhou and shenwan towers or in the former golf course that now turns into a park close to ping an, both locations would be more than amazing :drool:

·
Bleach lover
2,141 Posts
So this will be the largest ferris wheel in the world? Cool :cheers1:

I don't think this will affect Shenzhen's skyline, good for entertainment purpose

·
Bleach lover
2,141 Posts
Not affect SZ skyline ? It's the size of a skyscraper...
Shenzhen skyline spans for over 25 kilometer with several core areas. Also it has already around 40 200m+ buildings completed, so this guy won't attract too much attention for height (the width of the wheel could be an issue). This ferris wheel will be located in Shekou Industrial Zone of Nanshan District, around 20 kilometers away from Futian. So it won't appear on Futian and Luohu skyline shots

But it will appear on photos of future Qianhai skyline and will definitely ruin future Baishizhou skyline (if Baishizhou project gets completed)

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,477 Posts
How does a ferris wheel ruin any skyline, it is a symmetrical good looking structure. Never heard people disliking London or Singapore skyline before. There the skyline is much shorter and the ferris wheels are close to parts of the skylines.

·
pooh bear
7,790 Posts
Shenzhen skyline spans for over 25 kilometer with several core areas. Also it has already around 40 200m+ buildings completed, so this guy won't attract too much attention for height (the width of the wheel could be an issue). This ferris wheel will be located in Shekou Industrial Zone of Nanshan District, around 20 kilometers away from Futian. So it won't appear on Futian and Luohu skyline shots

But it will appear on photos of future Qianhai skyline and will definitely ruin future Baishizhou skyline (if Baishizhou project gets completed)
Wrong, several km northeast of Shenwan and east of Baishizhou, in the 中华民俗村 theme park. Won't really affect any skyline.

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,477 Posts
that's right in the middle of the city, so when on it you can see shenwan, baishizhou to one side and ping an to the other.

·
Urban Hermit
5,509 Posts
Bumping an old thread with no new information. Hate it when others do that, but now it's my turn. I am really curious about the approval process for this one since there hasn't been news in many months, and it's just a simple ferris wheel, can't be that hard to get approval for that?

·
Urban Hermit
5,509 Posts
My second necromancy of this thread just to say that I'm going to flag this thread in the "report status changes"-thread for cancelled status and relocation to the archives unless someone has some news. I did a Google search and there is nothing more recent than January 2014.

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,477 Posts
Ferris wheels look nice, especially when lit up at night. I think, it'll look great. And the view from the ferris wheel itself will be amazing!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts