SkyscraperCity banner

261 - 280 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
How's construction going, too? I can't believe Shenzhen already looks like this right now, 100 years later it would be the leading city in the world, perhaps even better than Dubai.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,149 Posts
^^
100 years in the future there might be cities leading the skyscraper charts that may not even exist today. 100 years is a long time in modern construction. Dubai and Shenzhen were small villages in that time scale in the past.

·
planquadrat
10,171 Posts
How's construction going, too? I can't believe Shenzhen already looks like this right now, 100 years later it would be the leading city in the world, perhaps even better than Dubai.
What do you mean 'better than Dubai'? Dubai is a small town compared to Shenzhen :)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
The whole One Shenzhen Bay project will create ~460,000 m² of spaces ( the tower GFA for Burj Khalifa is only 309,473 m² ).

About the One Shenzhen Bay project ...

·
Registered
140 Posts
^^
100 years in the future there might be cities leading the skyscraper charts that may not even exist today. 100 years is a long time in modern construction. Dubai and Shenzhen were small villages in that time scale in the past.
You're pretty right. Among them could be Silk City or Masdar City.

·
planquadrat
10,171 Posts
I mean in technology, economy, and skyscrapers. Any updates? I can't wait to see how this thing turns out. And Dubai isn't a small town compared to Shenzhen right mow.
Population wise Shenzhen is about 5x times the size of Dubai.
Economy wise Shenzhen is about 3x the size of Dubai.
Technology-wise? You must be joking :). Shenzhen is one of the biggest tech-hubs in the world with more technology patents than the UK or France as a whole. Dubai does not play any role when it comes to technology on a global level.

This is not to enter a city vs city comparison but I think it is important to address such wild statements like "100 years later it would be the leading city in the world, perhaps even better than Dubai" which are beyond absurd given that it already is a bigger, more advanced and more relevant city globally than Dubai by pretty much every measure imaginable.

261 - 280 of 334 Posts