SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1108 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shenzhen Underground (new!!)

Here are some pics of the new Shenzhen underground that I shot. Enjoy!!

^Don't know why they want columns to block the view though...

^Nice design. The passengers get off on one side and get on on another side. (Only the End stations are designed this way though)

^A contact-free COIN on my hand which can be used in the same way like Hong Kong's Octopus or London's Oyster Card.

^One of the arrows on the platform ground... but ... Go on??? :???:

^The spacious interior of the train. There are LCD screens but they flicker all the time. I couldn't find hammers to break windows (for emergency). Fire extinguishers were not visible too!!
:cool:

^Great effort has been made to keep it clean. The woman in blue uniform is cleaning the train with a broom!

·
POUND THE ALARM!!!
396 Posts
Anekdote said:
Nice, but the logo of Shenzhen's underground looks like a cheap copy of MTRC.
That is because MTR did take part in this project!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
very modern,better than shanghai's metro line '1

·
105,410 Posts
HK MTRC To Invest CNY6B In Shenzhen Rail Project
Thursday May 26, 2005, 10:15 pm
By Chan Ka Sing

HONG KONG (Dow Jones)--Hong Kong's MTR Corp. (0066.HK) said Thursday it will invest CNY6 billion in a metro project in the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen, as it expands from its home turf into other markets to generate additional revenue.

The blue-chip railway firm signed a concession agreement with the Shenzhen municipal government for a 30-year, build-operate-transfer project, which involves a 20.5-kilometer double-track urban railway with 15 stations.

MTRC also has to put up registered capital of about CNY2.4 billion to set up a project company that will construct and operate the new metro line.

The two parties also signed a memorandum of understanding on two more planned metro lines in Shenzhen, which will involve an investment of more than CNY10 billion.

"Whilst Hong Kong always remains MTRC's home, we are also looking beyond Hong Kong for business opportunities to generate new revenue and profit streams," said MTR Chief Executive CK Chow.

This is MTRC's second metro project in China. In February, it agreed to build and operate a metro line in Beijing in a public-private partnership project.

The company will also be making its first foray into China's residential property market through the Shenzhen project, as it includes the acquisition of property development rights directly from the Shenzhen government. The potential development covers a total gross floor area of about 2.9 million square meters - almost double MTRC's remaining land bank in Hong Kong.

The CNY6 billion investment amount doesn't include additional land cost that MTRC will need to pay the Shenzhen government before it can tender the property projects to real estate developers.

The first project can be tendered early next year.

"The 'rail plus property' development model has been a highly successful business model for Hong Kong's MTR over the past 25 years," said Chow.

Chow expects MTRC can recoup its cash investment in the project within 10 years.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I think so to. But nonetheless, China has done a great job building subways very quickly. I still can't believe how many kms china has built since 1995. its CRAZY! (*&(*&(&%*^ CRAZY!

1 - 20 of 1108 Posts