SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Bleach lover
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Project Description: The project is located in the Metro Line 1, Che Kung Temple Station area, located in Shennan Avenue and Honey Lake Road junction, covers an area of ​​6,600 square meters, total construction area of ​​115,800 square meters capacity, building height 268.8m, a total of 55 layers. The project is positioned as a set of Grade A office space, commercial, area as one of the major transport hub for super high-rise building complex.

Source: http://www.szmc.net/page/property/project.html?code=2331&id=105226 , http://www.szmec.com.cn/ProductShow.asp?ID=53

·
Registered
826 Posts
^^ insane amount. :cool:
Its bound to increase to even more with Shenwan ,Houhai and Qianhai only in the early stages of development. They might all underperform and we would still get 40 or more new 200m+skyscrapers + several other proposals that seems pretty trustworthy(for example the caiwuwei redevelopment).
I wouldnt be surprised if Shenzhen hits a number of 150, 200+skyscrapers in the not too far future

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
It's awesome that Shenzhen is developing in such a massive way, but ugh, I so wish that Chinese cities were more walkable. I don't know if Beijing is a good guide, but after living here for two and a half months, I have to say that it's almost a disappointing experience, because you never get that feeling you get in New York, Hong Kong, or parts of Seoul and Tokyo, of being in a big city from all the tall buildings right over your shoulders. Everything is too far apart. There are so very many crazy wide roads, even right next to (or between) supertalls; it's like these mainland Chinese cities don't have any conception of what "urban fabric" might mean, and why it's important for that fabric to be finely-knit.

·
Registered
891 Posts
^^
Yeah, it's a problem in many Chinese cities. But Beijing is certainly the worst one of them. Shanghai for example is much more walkable than Beijing (only Lujiazui/Pudong is really bad).

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
From my experience in big (wealthier) Asian and American cities, that's not usually true, only because people will complain if they do get like that. By contrast, if you build lots of marginal land into your urban structure, then definitionally, there will be a lot of space that no one really cares about.

I'm not talking Hong Kong-level density everywhere, but it's hard to deny that it's going to be difficult getting to this tower from at least two directions: crossing either the 10-lane road in the foreground of the last picture of this site or the elevated 8-lane one running north-south. And where there's no people, there's no one to give a damn about things. Sorry; this is all totally OT.

About the project itself, I can at least say that it's totally inoffensive and pleasant. I'm sure it will age exceptionally.

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
Only 31 meters from being a supertall. Beautiful project.

I want to chime in about the walking in Shenzhen. I visited back in 2010 and noticed that Luohu was very walkable. Other places not so much but I was able to get around the city using the bus and subway system which I felt that was better than most cities in the U.S. I love Hong Kong/New York style density but with the metro system and bus system in Shenzhen I feel like maybe it's not so bad. At least someone can get to this building with a short walk from bus or metro.

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,378 Posts
U/C! :cheers:

Reactions: Zaz965

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,378 Posts
crazy amount of progress, looks like it's rising soon!

Reactions: Zaz965
1 - 20 of 53 Posts