Skyscraper City Forum banner
281 - 300 of 316 Posts

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,611 Posts
i like dark cladded buildings, i am happy they decided to use that facade over the light one

Reactions: Highcliff

·
Registered
705 Posts
oppressive and hideous. why do architects hate people?
It's the overhang and the modification you can get for green-space on the extended deck overhead.

I look forward to a confirmation or refutation of my premise.

I anticipate that almost no one will walk in the area close to or underneath the overhang, no shops, stalls, vendors or anyone selling anything will set up shop there because no one will go there to buy anything. Any ground floor retail or restaurant will have no business. Perhaps all traffic will enter via the underground garage and/or transit entrances heading up from the basement levels using elevators.

It will effectively have a no pedestrian repellent area in a large circle around the entire building.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Wait till it rains. :lol:
People said that about the FBI building in WDC and still no one goes near it. In fact the effect is so bad that it suppresses foot traffic and business traffic for a one block radius out from the building.

Literally, no one wants to walk under it, or even across the street from it. Even street vehicle traffic is less.

·
Master of his domain
1,557 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
^^ what a retarded moniker.

The building looks half-decent from ground level (and will probably look better at night, all lit up) but horrifically ugly from higher viewpoints

The concept is interesting, but fails upon execution. I really don't like how buildings couldn't be built right next to it; it would be better (but probably unrealistic) if the bulge was thinner but built much higher up the building.

G

·
^^ what a retarded moniker.

The building looks half-decent from ground level (and will probably look better at night, all lit up) but horrifically ugly from higher viewpoints

The concept is interesting, but fails upon execution. I really don't like how buildings couldn't be built right next to it; it would be better (but probably unrealistic) if the bulge was thinner but built much higher up the building.
Building up close next to this site would be problematic at it has a major underground high speed railway station (linking Beijing and Hong Kong) being built on one side with two local metro lines criss-crossing the area too.

281 - 300 of 316 Posts