SkyscraperCity Forum banner
121 - 140 of 140 Posts

· Premium Member
Seattle
3,397 Posts
I wonder if the new Northgate NHL practice facility has drained demand for this arena. While I think its generally not a net benefit when community active use spaces like this are taken away (even for residential units) hopefully the NHL facility provides more than enough new capacity to compensate.

· Registered
2,479 Posts
Looks like perhaps the O'Reilley auto parts and corner tavern will remain.

This part of Shoreline is getting very dense. Lots of projects coming online and/or proposed from 145th up to the Sky Nursery area.

· Registered
4,082 Posts
Unfortunately, sounds like this won't be completed until 2026, but the wheels are in motion.

· Registered
2,479 Posts
This is definitely going to be a busy area. I guess with the pedestrian bridge and the 145th bridge re-do, there will actually be two bona fide pedestrian crossings across I-5 within three blocks here. That has to be a record for density of pedestrian crossings on I-5 in the suburban parts of the region.

· Registered
4,082 Posts
Note quite new but noteworthy nonetheless: "The mixed-use development, spanning nearly 17 acres, could add around 1,400 apartments, 56,000 square feet of retail, restaurant and commercial space, plus various public plazas and amenities"

· Registered
4,082 Posts
This is separate and in addition to this project: Shea Shoreline | The Rush Companies | Puget Sound Region Washington which is under construction. The article mentions an Intracorp project as well, with 241 units. That's over 1,000 new homes across the freeway from the light rail. You love to see it.

· Registered
2,479 Posts
Intracorp is west of 1st with 299 units I believe. The 241-units (The Line) is directly east of Ankrom's project. We financed that one. It's a pretty decent development.

Not being nitpicky, just excited about so many units. :D

· Registered
2,479 Posts
Cool. I did a little digging on this project. Looks like it is this site (boundaries approximate):

This is a great location for bus lines, proximity to services (QFC, WaFd, Starbucks, Goodwill, vet clinic), and not too far from the Shoreline light rail. I'm not too familiar with what bus services go E-W on 145th but it looks like a fairly easy ride to get over to the station.

121 - 140 of 140 Posts