SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
17,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bobdebouwer said:
Zurich looks like a very interesting city, what are the main attractions to tourists?
Thanks for posting these pictures!
First of all, there's much to see and discover in the old part of Zurich. Beutyful architecture, wonderful streets, charming places with fountains and famous churches like Grossmünster or St. Peter. I'll post another time pictures from there. ,) Than there is Bahnhofstrasse, the main shopping street with fantastic shops. Bahnhofstrasse was once the most expensive place in the world with the highest prices per m2. And I recommend to take a road on the river Limmat or at Lake Zurich because it's absoltely fantastic there. The city is famous for theatre pieces and operas as well and offers culturally many highlights. So, I'd say the best way to enjoy Zurich is to do it on your own and not with tourist guides. Let me know if you'll visit Zurich and I'll give you further infos... ,)

·
Resurrected
29,410 Posts
I will go and see them tomorrow :)

It's not as city-typical as the lions in 86 and never as original and pacemaking as the cowparade in 98, that has been taken over by dozens of cities all around the world, but I am a bear fan, so I MUST go to see them ;)

BTW: Bärvers has another problem: after the organizers banned her under big protests from the Paradeplatz there are now too many offers from private companies and shops - and brothels - who want her now :)

·
Banned
1,056 Posts
BTW, the building in the background is the famous Pera Palas Hotel.

King George V, Emperor Franz-Joseph, Kaiser Wilhelm II, Czar Nicholas II, and many other famous people stayed there during their visits to Istanbul.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.