SkyscraperCity banner

Should East Turkistan become independant..?

• Yes

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • I don't know

Votes: 3 7.9%
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
if you want Xinjiang to become a hotbed for Islam extremeist and a training base for Al Qaeda then sure.

·
Registered
350 Posts
When I saw the Cyprus thing I already knew hes a Turk. Well, get clear of ur business with Greece first and manage ur inflation rate. Too many things more important than the one u r thinkin' of.
PS: Most of the Xinjiang independence extremists/terrorists come from Turkey. Many of them were/are retired soldiers who served the Turkish army before(look, KGB know a lot about them, they were/are WELL TRAINED). So it's very common to talk about East Turkistan from a Turk's perspective. They just think everything with Turk in its name should belong to them.
I don't care if it will be independent or not, but u know, Turkey has fat chance to **** up China.
And to ease it down, I'm not pissed man.

·
Registered
420 Posts
That's just not true. Uighurs are treated like second class citizens, are repressed when they try to speak out about their rights, and are being colonized, and that's a big part of the reason why they want independence. You can't just blame it all on the turks.

And if Quebec wants independence, I say give it to them. Same with the Basque land, Puerto Rico, and Texas, for all I care. It's not a big deal, it's just a line on a map.

·
中華民國
2,804 Posts
Clashman said:
That's just not true. Uighurs are treated like second class citizens, are repressed when they try to speak out about their rights, and are being colonized, and that's a big part of the reason why they want independence. You can't just blame it all on the turks.
You're basing all these claims on what evidence now?

Minorities in almost all countries are repressed one way or another, why not give them ALL independence? :sleepy:

Define how a people can be "colonized"... please use that word properly.

Clashman said:
And if Quebec wants independence, I say give it to them. Same with the Basque land, Puerto Rico, and Texas, for all I care. It's not a big deal, it's just a line on a map.
Oh OK, let's give everyone independence and end up with tens of thousands of tiny little nation states... yeah, that' make things more simple... There will be even more wars because not every nation will agree how these new borders will be drawn... etc.

Don't be naive...

·
中華民國
2,804 Posts
Grygry said:
Is East Turkistan another name for Xinjiang? (or Kurdistan?)
I'm not sure to understand everything...
"East Turkistan" is the name that Uighur separatists use to call Xinjiang. I've never heard of "Kurdistan".

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, but neither muslims nor turks are powerful enough to remove the grip of chinese (totally different culture and people including the appearance) as they did in 711 along the Battle of Talas River ..That battle kept them off the Fergana Valley , East Turkistan well until the end of 19th century...

Just a matter of time till China is knocked down (irony they are just waking up) or muslims wake up and bust the chinese balls again...and in this age of "NUKES" it seems very hard, but hey different people, different attitude , different food, and I guess even different alphabet (arabic??) and you ecpect them to mingle with tha HAN Chinese to be able to get their fair share!!!

One way or abother they have to fold...bloody or not is just a choice of the oppressor..and as long as different conciousness is there in SIN-CAN they will get the HAN out of there...

·
中華民國
2,804 Posts
fertek said:
Yes, but neither muslims nor turks are powerful enough to remove the grip of chinese (totally different culture and people including the appearance) as they did in 711 along the Battle of Talas River ..That battle kept them off the Fergana Valley , East Turkistan well until the end of 19th century...

Just a matter of time till China is knocked down (irony they are just waking up) or muslims wake up and bust the chinese balls again...and in this age of "NUKES" it seems very hard, but hey different people, different attitude , different food, and I guess even different alphabet (arabic??) and you ecpect them to mingle with tha HAN Chinese to be able to get their fair share!!!

One way or abother they have to fold...bloody or not is just a choice of the oppressor..and as long as different conciousness is there in SIN-CAN they will get the HAN out of there...
Heh, this character is simply filled with hatred... :runaway:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Pangu said:
Heh, this character is simply filled with hatred... :runaway:
yep... and on the surface, this guy give us such an impression that he or she know everything about Uyghur (maybe he's turk), yet actually he doesn't know anything including the history of SILKROAD beneath the surface.

yes, Xinjiang has been a part of Turk Empire, so it's not surprising that why turks claim Xinjing independence time after time.

as to such turkey sandwich, we just ignore them.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts