Skyscraper City Forum banner

Should I buy Jean Chretien's or Brian Mulroney's memoirs?

• Buy Jean Chretien's book

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Buy Brian Mulroney's book

Votes: 1 7.7%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you might know, two PM's in Mulroney and Chretien are releasing their final memoirs this october. I am not a big fan of either former Prime Minister but as a history bluff I can't resist since it'll be their final writing pieces. I'll only have enough money saved for one since they'll likely be expensive as with all autobiographies.

May someone suggest to me which one to get?

·
Premium Member
79,203 Posts
Hard to say. Guess it depends on how hard up you are for reading material. I'd take a pass on both, personally.
^^^^Say, that is so cute! Both the nationalistically named "canadoattitude" and "Canuck-jge" both have four entries and joined at the same time! :)

·
Ex-mod
7,931 Posts
Jean Chretien.

Classic: "A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."

·
Proud Torontonian
1,421 Posts
If you're really having a tough time deciding which one to buy, do it this way:

"Who's got the funnier looking mouth?"

·
Premium Member
79,203 Posts
I can't make up my mind which biography to buy, so I am going to wait for the one I am really dreaming about... Steve Harper. He is my hero. Someone told me he said he believes in the Creation theory of evolution which puts dinosaurs and people together on earth around 6000 years ago. Is that true?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Nobody knows what steve believes. He keeps his religious views MOSTLY out of politics. He'll occasionally throw a bone to the so cons but he is very weary of them. One of the reasons he left reform was he felt it was becoming a socon party rather than a small-c conservative party.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts