Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dangerous User
9,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SHOULD IT? cause compare to other country it is ..... cannot tell
bulky ,dark quite dirty not organized no shoping place , warm

while singapore airport is cooling high ceiling got place to shopping got many other service such as free game
and many more
this apply to other CITY such as:

KL
HONG KONG
DUBAI
AND MANY MORE

please someone post into this threads it seem no one answered
just want to know ur opinion

G

·
It needs work but certainly don't have to be fully renovated. This airport is actually quite zen in design . The problem is that the management of the airport does not know too well how to maintain its shine.

The general public area in the departure terminal needs to be cleared off with all the kiosks and they should really turn the lights on at all times. This area is certainly dark.

The shopping area for the International departure terminal needs to be organized and I surely hope the get rid of all those kiosks along the concourse and replace with seats for people to sit and wait instead with TVs that work and internet stations for passengers to enjoy.

The arrival area needs to be repainted in bright color and the floor needs to be maintained. The natural cement tone in the arrival area and poorly maintained lighting system and air flow is why the terminal always looks so dark and warm.

What's the deal with the toilets? There is never a dry and clean toilets in CGK - even with the few new ones that they just opened up in the past years. I think they should replace the cleaning contractor. It is shameful. Ever wonder why the toilets in Changi, KUL, and HKG (especially Changi) always smell so good and feel so cool and clean? It is because they do have cleaning contractors who actually work there around the clock.

In terms of garden and open space, CGK has just as many open space as other new International airport. Again, just need to maintain it.

I hope AP can learn from other airport management in the area - BTW, when will CGK be privatized? As usual, as long as AP is still run with a unprofessionally state management style - we should not expect too much of it.

·
Dangerous User
9,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HERE SOME UPDATE ON JKT AIRPORT

April 6th 2005 ; 9:45:07 AM
Airport introduces new transportation system

Airport operator PT Angkasa Pura II introduced a new transportation system after receiving many complaints over illegal fees and robberies in taxis leaving the Soekarno-Hatta International Airport.

The new system integrates the management of airport taxis and bus services which initially was managed by an airport task force, Angkasa Pura II president director Edie Haryoto was quoted as saying by The Jakarta Post.

"The new system is aimed at providing security, safety and comfort for all airport visitors," he said. The integrated service, according to Edie, will enable the airport operator to take stern actions against unscrupulous taxi companies or drivers.

Only 13 taxi companies who passed a selection test for reliability held by the airport operator were allowed to wait and take passengers out of the airport beginning Friday.

The 13 taxi companies are Blue Bird Group, Taxi Cab, Express, Primajasa, Tiffani, Koperasi Taksi, Gading, Steady Safe, Sri Medali, Ratax, Dian, Royal City and Gamya. The total number of the taxis are 1,530.

asmi
Source : JP

·
Registered
651 Posts
I just wished that the airport's maintenance is up to standard. Whenever I come home, I find the airport poorly maintained and in some area downright disgusting. Also, I find it embarrassing that the most populous Muslim nation in the world can not keep the prayer room clean. South Africa set aside rooms for their Muslim population and it is kept in a pristine condition.

·
Skyteam Platinum Elite
2,535 Posts
Ara said:
I just wished that the airport's maintenance is up to standard. Whenever I come home, I find the airport poorly maintained and in some area downright disgusting. Also, I find it embarrassing that the most populous Muslim nation in the world can not keep the prayer room clean. South Africa set aside rooms for their Muslim population and it is kept in a pristine condition.

no offense but I think it has to do with lack of discipline. Indonesians seems to have no discipline at all. Once again . no hard feelings guys.
And yes Jakarta should have a state of the art airport just like your neighbours.

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
Its now being renovated..it will also include, a shopping mall, tunnel gateway from T1 to T2, railway link, new cargo facility. All of them are now undergoing bidding process.

cheers

·
Registered
651 Posts
jag.lt.cmd said:
no offense but I think it has to do with lack of discipline. Indonesians seems to have no discipline at all. Once again . no hard feelings guys.
And yes Jakarta should have a state of the art airport just like your neighbours.
I agree with you completely. It also have to do with lack of law enforcement. I see people throwing their garbage from their car in front of the police. The police didn't do anything. It really irked me.

·
Dangerous User
9,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ara said:
I agree with you completely. It also have to do with lack of law enforcement. I see people throwing their garbage from their car in front of the police. The police didn't do anything. It really irked me.

SOMEMORE!
people spitting out

OOH MY GOD

·
Dangerous User
9,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
David-80 said:
Its now being renovated..it will also include, a shopping mall, tunnel gateway from T1 to T2, railway link, new cargo facility. All of them are now undergoing bidding process.

cheers

REALLY DO YOU HAVE THE INFOMATION CAN U SEND TO US?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts