SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was passing through this part of leeds city centre yesterday.for going into town most weeks i have not been in the arcade combined with leeds shopping plaza east.i think its horrible theres rubbish all over its a tramp heaven i cannot belive that in such a great city with all its city centre class we have this scar right in the centre of the city it should be demolished.
:bash:
it should be destroyed and replaced by something much nicer.heres so much oppertunity right in the centre of the city.i do hope the council sort the burton arcade and the east side of the shopping centre soon to make the city even better.thanks you and waht do u think? :eek2:

·
Bermondsey Boro
2,340 Posts
FFS! There's no need to create a new thread, just post to the official Leeds Thread. We seem to have had scores of new threads created recently for one off questions.

Rant over ;)

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Actually, I think the bit of Briggate that could be destroyed without anyone missing it is the Market Arcade (I think that's its name) almost opposite Burton Arcade. Most of the shop units seem to have been empty for ages and the whole thing looks rank.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes an thta aswell anything that needs to mprove should be
its our main shopping street i know the burton arcade and the outdoor shopping plaza is deep and not seen but still if they dont want to devlop t into something else.they could just renovate for now.
waht do u think

·
Loiner and Proud.
1,263 Posts
I am un shore if it is the same arcade but the one at the lower end of briggate heading towards Samuel tailors is definitely in need for renovation.
It is in the heart of the city and they should be prime shops but instead its dirty all the shops are shut and bared up and it stinks of urine.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I agree about market arcade. There was some discussion about it a few weeks back and it only seemed to bring up negative thoughts!

·
Registered
30,466 Posts
Although I'm not usually bothered, it is really annoying when people make spelling mistakes in things that everyone will see, such as books, magazines, posters, signs and skyscrapercity banners. Or if people are trying to spell correctly and don't -thats annoying. Text doesn't count as incorrect spelling really even though it is, but it makes sense to text.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts