Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kobe is being a crybaby right now.....and the lakers need to bring in players to help kobe..... i kobe is being selfish but this guy wants to win....and he is hungry for a championship. Look at kevin Garnett in Minnesota....promises and nothing cuz he is so quiet...kobe is not like that .....Whats you guys thoughts on him asking for a trade.

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
Dennis is that really you?

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ Yea thats me lmao.........Kobe must stay.....lakers will be dumb to trade kobe.....they already were dumb for trading shaq.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
As a Bulls fan, I would love to see Kobe traded to Chicago!

How about this:

Bulls Get:
Kobe Bryant

Lakers Get:
Ben Gordon
Chris Duhon or Tyrus Thomas
Bulls 2007 first Rd. Pick (#9 pick)
P.J. Brown (to make salary's match)

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol @ bulls fan dreaming...of course u guys will trade ur whole roster for kobe.

·
Registered
80 Posts
No way I'd do that trade with Chicago. The sad reality is that LA fans are spoiled. It takes stars to fill those seats, and Gordon is no star no matter how you cut it. And if Kobe absolutely wants to go to Chicago so he can lick Jordan's boots, the package would have to be centered around Deng, not Gordon.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
lol @ bulls fan dreaming...of course u guys will trade ur whole roster for kobe.
I would not want the Bulls to trade their whole roster for Kobe...Part of the reason Kobe said he would want to play for the Bulls is b/c of their young and talented core of players. If the Bulls gave up too much to get him, they would be in the same situation as the Lakers, Kobe with not much else.

If I were a Lakers fan, I would too rather see Deng as part of the deal instead of Gordon; but as a Bulls fan I would love the idea of a Deng-Kobe duo :cheers:

What would Lakers fans think of Kobe going to Pheonix for a package including Shawn Marion?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't think we'd be too fond of keeping him in the West. If we do ship him east, you know he's going to demand either NYC or Chicago. He won't play in a small market. Of those two, you guys have the better pieces by far.

Unfortunately, you also DON'T need Kobe, which makes this a hard bargain from our perspective. It's not like Chicago is floundering in failure and desperate to nab arguably the most talented player in the league. It's the opposite. You guys are more than happy watching your young guys grow up together and contend in the east.

Unfortunately, a trade that is essentially Kobe for Gordon would amount to an even stupider trade than the Shaq failure. No way you trade a player of Kobe's caliber and only get a 6'3" undersized shooting guard in return, along with a prospect big man. I was hearing some news that the deal with Chicago may be a three way with Gilbert Arenas involved, and Gordon/Thomas going to Washington. Arenas has made it pretty clear that he's going to opt and potentially head elsewhere in a year anyways. If that's true, Washington will have to trade him before they lose him for nothing. Arenas is from LA, he's got some star power, so I could see that deal being a bit more realistic than a straight LA/Chi trade.

Either way, a team of Hinrich/Kobe/Deng with Wallace holding down the front court would be extremely scary in the relatively weak east. If it happens, I could see you guys being the favorites out of the east for the next 3-5 years.

When all is said and done though, I think the Lakers hold on to Kobe and attempt to pacify the big baby this summer. As it stands now, he has no leverage because his opt out doesn't come for another 2 years. That basically means NEXT summer is the important summer, when we'll have to move him or risk losing him for nothing.

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lakers need to try to get Kevin Garnett.....KG already said no to boston....and the Twolves are willing to trade KG......package Lamar Odom, bynum and a draft pick for kevin garnett if the lakers are smart.....get this guy...lakers need inside help....the west is not the gettin any easier.....oden and durant are coming to the west...lakers need to do something big.,...omg kupcake as GM......bring back jerry west.

·
Banned
101 Posts
^^ I would do anything if KG came to LA, unfortunately Minnesota does not want to trade with LA. The GM of the T'wolves is Kevin Mchale, he hates the Lakers...So no way he would help the Lakers out. The more realistic guy they can get is Jermaine O'neal...they would trade Odom, Bynum, Brown (expiring contract) and their #1 pick (#19 overall) in this years draft to get him.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I don't think we'd be too fond of keeping him in the West. If we do ship him east, you know he's going to demand either NYC or Chicago. He won't play in a small market. Of those two, you guys have the better pieces by far.

Unfortunately, you also DON'T need Kobe, which makes this a hard bargain from our perspective. It's not like Chicago is floundering in failure and desperate to nab arguably the most talented player in the league. It's the opposite. You guys are more than happy watching your young guys grow up together and contend in the east.

Unfortunately, a trade that is essentially Kobe for Gordon would amount to an even stupider trade than the Shaq failure. No way you trade a player of Kobe's caliber and only get a 6'3" undersized shooting guard in return, along with a prospect big man. I was hearing some news that the deal with Chicago may be a three way with Gilbert Arenas involved, and Gordon/Thomas going to Washington. Arenas has made it pretty clear that he's going to opt and potentially head elsewhere in a year anyways. If that's true, Washington will have to trade him before they lose him for nothing. Arenas is from LA, he's got some star power, so I could see that deal being a bit more realistic than a straight LA/Chi trade.

Either way, a team of Hinrich/Kobe/Deng with Wallace holding down the front court would be extremely scary in the relatively weak east. If it happens, I could see you guys being the favorites out of the east for the next 3-5 years.

When all is said and done though, I think the Lakers hold on to Kobe and attempt to pacify the big baby this summer. As it stands now, he has no leverage because his opt out doesn't come for another 2 years. That basically means NEXT summer is the important summer, when we'll have to move him or risk losing him for nothing.

Ive read about the three way deal with Washington, I think that would make the most sense for the Lakers. I just hope this trade gets done, I want Kobe in Chicago!
I agree with you that I dont think Kobe is gonna get traded this off season though :(

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Lakers need to try to get Kevin Garnett.....
What scares me about Garnett is that he is a big man who never has had any serious injuries...I just have this gut feeling that when he gets traded he is gonna injure himself and end his career being a 40game a year type player.

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^ KG got heart.....its just unfortunate for him not to have won any titles like tim duncan.....they both the best PFs in the game. KG never had a 2nd superstar player played with him.....I will like to see KG in the east....the east needs help if they wanna compete in the finals with the west.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts